Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Reasons Why VR is better then Axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons Why VR is better then Axl  (Read 5425 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« on: May 26, 2004, 01:31:46 AM »

I see there are alot of true GnR fans who come only on this message board to Bash VR and promote Axl.

When i seen VR in detroit they let people take cameras in. Unlike egotistical Axl who started a whole riot over someone taking their picture.

VR took the stage. Axl has cancelled a show in Detroit, then walked off stage early in 2002 when his band messed up Patience. Then cheated all of us, (his fans) by cancelling the tour getting up our hopes and plans only to ruin them.

VR has an Album date. They are getting radio play and are excited to see the Fan support. They keep saying in interviews how impressed they are to see the fans at the shows. AXL and GnR don't care about his fans like they do.

VR and GnR are two different Bands. They picked the name VR so they wouldnt be compared to GnR. Look at Axl. He's still using the GnR name and most of the GnR catalog in concert. It's easy to compare New GnR to Old GnR. But its unfair to compared Scott to Axl and VR to GnR.

I will buy Chinese Democracy if it ever comes out. But don't rip on VR and say they are messing up solos and aren't perfect.

We all seen the 2002 VMA  Wink

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 01:39:57 AM »

Is that someone beating a dead horse I hear?.......Thought so.

VR is currently getting more done than newGNR.....doesn't mean their better or worse. All it means is VR has an album people can actually buy, while we continue to hear "finishing touches" on the Axl front. To say one or the other is better is ridiculous it is 2 totally different styles of music. Axl is gonna have the album way over-produced while VR is pretty much more straight forward. GNR will have each song sound like tons is going on in the song(think Maddy) while VR just kind of plods along. Again, doesn't mean one style is better than the other.....but they are very different philosophies towards what makes a song great. If they all agreed, there would still be original GNR and not some off-shoot brands.  
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 01:46:44 AM »

Hell yeah we can wish they never broke up but they did. I wasn't saying Comparing the music, as much as I was trying to say how VR has more respect for the fans.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 02:16:42 AM »

I see there are alot of true GnR fans who come only on this message board to Bash VR and promote Axl.

When i seen VR in detroit they let people take cameras in. Unlike egotistical Axl who started a whole riot over someone taking their picture.

VR took the stage. Axl has cancelled a show in Detroit, then walked off stage early in 2002 when his band messed up Patience. Then cheated all of us, (his fans) by cancelling the tour getting up our hopes and plans only to ruin them.

VR has an Album date. They are getting radio play and are excited to see the Fan support. They keep saying in interviews how impressed they are to see the fans at the shows. AXL and GnR don't care about his fans like they do.

VR and GnR are two different Bands. They picked the name VR so they wouldnt be compared to GnR. Look at Axl. He's still using the GnR name and most of the GnR catalog in concert. It's easy to compare New GnR to Old GnR. But its unfair to compared Scott to Axl and VR to GnR.

I will buy Chinese Democracy if it ever comes out. But don't rip on VR and say they are messing up solos and aren't perfect.

We all seen the 2002 VMA  Wink

I totally agree with you man and the list goes on and on. These posts are kinda pointless though.  I just don't give a fuck about the new GnR anymore and would rather not spend time comparing the 2 bands. This post is just going to get alot of arguements going.  I just want to come here and discuss VR, not have to debate.  Glad you are loving VR though because they really are hooking us up. I've been waiting for something like this for say 11 years.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 03:03:54 AM »

Why does it seem like bringing up the St. Louis riot from 1991 is ok when talking about Axl, but when somebody mentions something Slash said around the same time (something he's changed his mind about now), it's just old?

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gezm
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 03:14:37 AM »

axl fucked in the head when he see's someone then he'll be fine !

then we can hear cd once and for all! beer
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 05:18:55 AM »

Salsh n' Duff never made it big outside of Guns, so they had to roll some cameras in search for a singer n' get the hype up, THE PROJECT. Axl has every right to be calling it GnR, he obviously didnt want it to end after they left so why should he. If he doesnt want pictures taken then thats his thing.

N' why do people "promote Axl" on this site, 'cause it's a Guns n' Roses site.

Revolver has nothin to do with the Gunners neither confused

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:50:53 AM »

We all seen the 2002 VMA  
Ok so VR are better than GNR because their nice to their fans and show up. That all fine and dandy. If that makes you happy more power to you. BUt I know gnr will make me very happy with thier music. SOmehting vr has yet to do yet {except for a few songs}

As for the vmas. Yea we have all seen it. Yea we know axl messed up but the band rocked. I watched the letterman performance and they rocked too, but by no means would i say they were perfect. At times it seemed as if Scott couldnt sing. Lol and Slash looks like an outcast compared to his bandmembers. Cant wait for tonights show....hope to see some peopel there peace...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 09:24:02 AM »

Wow I make a post like this but pro gnr and I get bashed, this vr fan does and it?s ok.
I just love VR fans and how they are hypocrites. Sorry to tell you but Gnr is better and the reason is huge. Axl Rose.  He is a better singer, and song writer than Scott.  Axl will draw more fans than Scott and Slash combined, its that simple.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 09:37:08 AM »

I like VR more than Axl's nu-GNR, but such a posts like this are fuckin' stupid... why admins are not deleating them? I think everybody is tired of Axl vs Slash, nu GNR vs VR and so on...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 09:48:40 AM »

It is hard not to compare VR to NEW GNR.  Bottom line is that VR is getting things done, showing up to concerts on time, and releasing an album in a couple weeks.  

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 10:15:21 AM »

VR and GnR are two different Bands. They picked the name VR so they wouldnt be compared to GnR. Look at Axl.

C'mon dude! are you telling me the name  Velvet Revolver doesn't have anything in common with the name Guns N' Roses???

None of your reasons justify why VR is better than Axl/GNR.
Are you saying VR is better because they've played 5 gigs in a row? Are you saying VR is better because they allow cameras in? Are you saying VR is better because they have an album about to be released?

Both bands are different. Currently, VR is touring and has an album about to be released. GNR, as far as I know, still recording. I will judge the music when both albums come out.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 11:13:09 AM »

The difference between VR and New GNR is that the first is a tight rock band the second depends solely on Axl and that can be very very good or really bad (like lately with nothing going on). In any case enough of the VR/NuGNr stuff because we have stuff to discuss going on right now like Contraband coming out, media appearances and tour so please avoid all this crap and leave Axl alone maybe when we less notice he will surface. Peace  peace
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 11:46:33 AM »

I like them both.

Although I haven't and still do not consider GnR a band now because they don't tour and haven't released anything. Sorry, but that doesn't count as a band in my book.

VR is much more fan friendly that is for sure.

If Axl ever comes back to planet earth I will support his band.

bill213
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 12:20:49 PM »

I agree I'll always be an Axl supporter........as of right now I just really think he should make his move or the train is gonna pass him by.  I definitely support Velvet Revolver...I thought it wasn't gonna live up to the expectation but I'm digging the new songs.....they're in no way a comparison to Appetite or UYI so it's fresh.  I really don't care who butchers solo's or what, new gnr did kickass with buckethead and that's that and velvet revolver does as well......so my point is, if you don't like either band then stop bitching about it and follow the band you like...dave you can go wait for Gnr to get their shit together and such but don't take your frustrations out on VR because they're out touring and such.  And to the others who bash Axl because he doesn't release shit or treat his fans right......get over it and suck it up....GNR is his monster and he'll do with it as he pleases.  Either way after Contraband is released and if CD is ever released I'm sure everyone will be happy.  Now stop fighting and play nice.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 12:22:18 PM by bill213 » Logged
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 01:45:16 PM »

if VR can pull a junkie singer with bad words and a album in how ever long it's takin' them to release it, god knows that whatever Axl has been doin'  is solid gold material.
$13 million for fucks sake, doesnt that tell you enough.

VR is better then Axl confused, what a load of shit
VR need the promotion and will do anything to get it, like letting their fans take pictures n' sign autagraphs, rockin' up to night clubs asking them to play the album, we are lookin' for a singer, we wanna start (another) supergroup.

Axl doesnt need to run around promoting shit, whatever the fuck he has in store, it's gonna blow EVERYONE away, including the "VR is better then Axl" supporters.
Now that they dont have Axl to worry about, lets see if they can keep their own band together...ahh, i mean their singer hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
bill213
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 01:55:51 PM »

if VR can pull a junkie singer with bad words and a album in how ever long it's takin' them to release it, god knows that whatever Axl has been doin'  is solid gold material.
$13 million for fucks sake, doesnt that tell you enough.

VR is better then Axl confused, what a load of shit
VR need the promotion and will do anything to get it, like letting their fans take pictures n' sign autagraphs, rockin' up to night clubs asking them to play the album, we are lookin' for a singer, we wanna start (another) supergroup.

Axl doesnt need to run around promoting shit, whatever the fuck he has in store, it's gonna blow EVERYONE away, including the "VR is better then Axl" supporters.
Now that they dont have Axl to worry about, lets see if they can keep their own band together...ahh, i mean their singer hihi

Hahah are you pulling that out of your ass.......it doesn't matter how much money or time he has spent on this album, for all you know it could be a big dissapointment.  I don't think you should jump the gun and automatically assume just because he spent all this money that the album is gonna be the best ever.  As I can remember didn't Michael Jackson's latest album cost a shitload upon millions to make and it took about 10 years and it sucked beyond utter shit compared to any of his other stuff.....dont' count your chickens and badmouth VR's "junkie" singer who so far has done nothing but give it his all with the band despite his personal problems.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 02:25:20 PM »

I like VR more than Axl's nu-GNR, but such a posts like this are fuckin' stupid... why admins are not deleating them? I think everybody is tired of Axl vs Slash, nu GNR vs VR and so on...

When we don't delete something it's not good, when we do delete something, we're nazis....

But I'll be happy to lock this boring thread which isn't going anywhere.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: