Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  guns n drugs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: guns n drugs  (Read 14804 times)
badapple81
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 08:12:58 PM »

Axl has always managed not to become addicted to anything.

At least, publically.

True.. as I said he seemingly has..  ok

Oh yes, sorry, apology... Embarrassed ok

peace Kiss Oops didnt mean to appear rude  Undecided

I think Axl has way too much pride to ever admit to being addicted anyway. Just my opinion.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 09:20:46 PM »

No, Axl was definitly not doing coke on the 2002 tour, but to be honest, I wish he did do coke because it would have given him the strength to complete the tour (if he did indeed cancel the tour because of something personal, and not Clearchannel cancelling it for its own reasons etc.)

And where the fuck did Steven admit to that shit?  I've never heard that, but if it's true, then that is majorly fucked up.
badapple81
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 09:35:33 PM »

No, Axl was definitly not doing coke on the 2002 tour, but to be honest, I wish he did do coke because it would have given him the strength to complete the tour..

Shocked Shocked

1. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever read!
2. You would want AXL to do harm to himself for your benefit?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2004, 12:41:48 AM »

No, Axl was definitly not doing coke on the 2002 tour, but to be honest, I wish he did do coke because it would have given him the strength to complete the tour..

Shocked Shocked

1. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever read!
2. You would want AXL to do harm to himself for your benefit?

Well, that's surely a misinformed, warped perspective that I did not expect.  Doing coke is not "harming" yourself.  Lots of people do coke and are perfectly fine.  Had Axl completed the tour, he  would have had more credibility.  More credibility=more people buying tickets to future shows.  Now, so many people are scared that he'll cancel, that he is going to have a hard time having successful tours.  If coke would have helped him finish the tour and establish credibility, he should have used it because he have then only helped himself.  Do you see where you've misunderstood?
badapple81
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2004, 12:58:15 AM »

Excuse my "warped, misinformed" ignorance as I don't do coke.

Doing coke is not "harming" yourself.  Lots of people do coke and are perfectly fine.

"Lots of"? So not ALL are perfectly fine, meaning some people do harm themselves no?

If coke would have helped him finish the tour..

Im failing to see how coke would have "helped" him finish the tour exactly.. please help me understand this..

credibility

Finishing the tour would have increased the credibility yes, but doing coke? You think that would increase his credibility?  Huh
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 02:29:03 AM »

Cocaine is a stimulant.  It gives confidence, energy and a general good feeling.  It is a good tool for certain people.  People don't use drugs just to get "high" or " fucked up".  A lot of people use drugs as something to help them carry on with every day life.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2004, 02:59:07 AM »

coke screws up your voice pretty bad, he wouldnt be able to sing a whole show... so i think theres no way that was true!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2004, 03:00:55 AM »

coke screws up your voice pretty bad, he wouldnt be able to sing a whole show... so i think theres no way that was true!

We all know it's not true, but coke won't screw up your voice.  Coke just makes your voice numb feeling, and lumpy.  Like it's hard to swallow.
badapple81
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2004, 03:12:27 AM »

We all know it's not true, but coke won't screw up your voice.  Coke just makes your voice numb feeling, and lumpy.  Like it's hard to swallow.

Sounds great   Shocked Shocked confused

badapple81
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2004, 03:14:04 AM »

Cocaine is a stimulant.  It gives confidence, energy and a general good feeling.  It is a good tool for certain people.  People don't use drugs just to get "high" or " fucked up".  A lot of people use drugs as something to help them carry on with every day life.

Great! Start doing drugs with the risk of addicition to get you through life!  rofl

Im sure the reformed Steven and Duff would agree with you there.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2004, 03:58:36 AM »

Matt went to rehab for a coke problem.  I still can't believe Steven admitted to sucking dick for coke.  It's bad enough doing that but admitting it is totally fucked up take that shit to the grave.

What? When did you hear this? That is fucking sick and desperate. Yuck i could never do that.

Duff was having 1 gallon of vodka a day, and and 8th of an ounce of coke a day.

And Slash was having 2 bottles of jack a day in the late 80's.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
journey
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 04:01:48 AM »

Drunk, cocaine is a harmful drug. It causes massive heart damage, not to mention damage to the central nervous system.

If you live too "fast", you will die fast as well.

I would rather someone be healthy instead of  super charged like a crazed maniac.

Keep your body clean and healthy, cause you're the one who has to live in it everyday.
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2004, 04:08:09 AM »

I wish he did do coke because it would have given him the strength to complete the tour

What a horrible thing to say!  Angry

Doing coke is not "harming" yourself.  Lots of people do coke and are perfectly fine.

What the hell? What planet are you from?

I know quite a few people who do coke, and if you call being deathly skinny, and so weak that even walking takes so much strength - and so much more that I can't even explain - perfectly fine, then you must be pretty fucked up.  Angry (But I guess if it gets you through life, it's okay, right?)

Maybe it doesn't affect everyone in the same way? I don't know.

Sorry I'm a bit touchy on this subject because I know a lot of people who go through this, and what I said above is just an example of the shit that I've seen. (And sorry if I'm rambling - it's late here so I have an excuse.)

steven adler sucked weiners for drug money

That's waaay fucked up! Here's a lesson to us all: say no to drugs!  rofl

Slash OD'd and died one time..

Shocked

Corectly if I?m wrong but can?t you die just once??

Only Slash can die and live to tell about it, I suppose.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2004, 04:28:48 AM »

I remember Axl saying that he did herion for 2 weeks straight with this broad and after the 2 weeks he just stopped.  He said when he needed to do a job or something he wouldn't let drugs interefere with that.  
shyne
Opening Act

Attitude.

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2004, 06:03:48 AM »

hmm, all these posts about heroin and cocaine...

im reminded of someone, oh yes, SCOTT WEILAND

when i saw Velvet Revolver the other day i figured it was a strong possibility that Scott would take the stage still with the needle dangling from his vein...

on a serious note, however..  scott really needs to clean up his act..
otherwise Velvet Revolver will be auditioning for a new frontman in the very near future...

i wonder if scott were to kill himself with drugs, if slash and the boys would entertain the idea of hiring a sober frontman...
...maybe Axl would qualify!

...too bad a full reunion is about as likely as Getting DEALT a Royal Flush......oddly i was once alllllmost dealt that very hand..   just the Queen was the wrong suit or something...   poor!

eZ crackajaxxx
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 06:07:55 AM by shyne » Logged
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2004, 06:48:13 AM »

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, seeing that this thread is about Guns N' Roses and drugs and shit like that. Not Scott Weiland. But of course, this will probably end up as yet another VR-bashing thread. Lay off, jeez.

And if you had half a brain you would know that Scott has been clean for about a year.

i wonder if scott were to kill himself with drugs, if slash and the boys would entertain the idea of hiring a sober frontman...

I would hope they'd choose someone half way sane. That rules out Axl right there.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2004, 06:58:19 AM »

I remember Axl saying that he did herion for 2 weeks straight with this broad and after the 2 weeks he just stopped.  He said when he needed to do a job or something he wouldn't let drugs interefere with that.  

Yeah that was around 86 when he was trying to get a record contract and was meeting exuctives to discuss that matter.

He stopped on a saturday after 2 weeks of heroin and on the following monday he had the metting. That musta been pretty fucken hard to do.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2004, 07:19:47 AM »

hi everyone this is my first post here!

"Slash OD'd and died one time.."

I guess what really happened was that slash OD'd and went into a coma.
this is very common and if the drug user receives proper medical treatment there is nothing to worry about...

homo homini lupus...
shyne
Opening Act

Attitude.

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2004, 07:31:23 AM »

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, seeing that this thread is about Guns N' Roses and drugs and shit like that. Not Scott Weiland. But of course, this will probably end up as yet another VR-bashing thread. Lay off, jeez.

And if you had half a brain you would know that Scott has been clean for about a year.

I would hope they'd choose someone half way sane. That rules out Axl right there.

"But of course, this will probably end up as yet another VR-bashing thread. Lay off, jeez."

Who bashed VR?   i think they are amazing.  in my original post in this thread i believe i applauded their show.     ...but dont quote me on that.. Roll Eyes

"And if you had half a brain you would know ......"

Dont bash me.  Angry Angry

"I would hope they'd choose someone half way sane. That rules out Axl right there."

Dont bash Axl. rant rant
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 07:34:58 AM by shyne » Logged
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2004, 08:06:51 AM »

Matt went to rehab for a coke problem.  I still can't believe Steven admitted to sucking dick for coke.  It's bad enough doing that but admitting it is totally fucked up take that shit to the grave.
What? When did you hear this? That is fucking sick and desperate. Yuck i could never do that.

It's from this Classic Rock interview:
http://www.gnr.org.uk/news/news018.htm

Man, the definition for 'classic' in the dictionary should be "Steven Adler sucked dick for coke"  rofl

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: