Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  contraband in chilean radio station
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: contraband in chilean radio station  (Read 14617 times)
AsXpLy
Rocker

guitar god

« on: May 24, 2004, 12:42:43 AM »

in rock n`pop radio station velvet revolver is the artist of the month.. and the shown as surprise whola album contraband Smiley awesome .. super human almost killed me .. awesome album guys

the 8TH AND FINAL RULE OF THE FIGHT CLUB IS:
IF IT?S YOUR FIRST NIGHT IN THE FIGHT CLUB.... YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!

[IMG]http://www.newgnr.com/bbs/images/avatars/gallery/gnr/axl19.gif[
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 12:48:41 AM »

Care to comment on some of the other songs; descriptions, thoughts, etc?
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 04:19:38 AM »

i just heard super human as well
it's a nice song although a bit ballady.....pretty nice slow song nonetheless....and slash's solo is killer!!!!!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 04:26:41 AM »

is that legal?  Roll Eyes
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 04:36:34 PM »

The US has copyright laws against this, I am sure Chile does not.

Btw another ballad? Damn and slash always said how he hated playing them in gnr  Roll Eyes

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 04:57:57 PM »

Btw another ballad? Damn and slash always said how he hated playing them in gnr  Roll Eyes

Didnt Slash said that over 15 years ago? Just because Axl brought it up in 2002 tour doesnt mean Slash cant change his mind in all that time.  Roll Eyes
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 07:06:01 PM »

Yeah, that?s true.Who knows, maybie Slash loves ballads now.Or the best solos he does are from ballads....
Well,  untill he says something about it we?ll never know what does he prefer now...

Baby Slash//

PS:Can you give us some more details about the songs,AsXpLy ??

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
GnRNightrain
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 07:39:13 PM »

Way to try and pick a fight Dave.

If he hated them so much he certainly wouldnt have made them for this album.  Slash can change in his mind, and sometimes Axl might not always be telling the complete truth Shocked
TempleOfRoses
Headliner

Hit It!!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 08:00:36 PM »

I've heard You Got No Right and Superhuman.  Slash's solo in superhuman is pretty killer and the song is pretty balladly, I know that has been said already but hey, thats the truth. hihi  You Got No Right is excellent, Slash has a great solo in the middle of it, but there isnt as much soloing in it as there was at the Smashbox small set they did.  Either way, Scott's vocals and lyrics on both songs are outstanding, 2 great tunes that havent been played yet on the tour.

We argue too much here.
TempleOfRoses
Headliner

Hit It!!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 08:02:52 PM »

Way to try and pick a fight Dave.

If he hated them so much he certainly wouldnt have made them for this album.  Slash can change in his mind, and sometimes Axl might not always be telling the complete truth Shocked

I've been here a lonnnnnnnng time and I rarely post but don't think I don't know what goes on here...everyone should just face it.  He's way to bitter about Slash, Duff, Matt whoever to have a real opinion on these subjects.  Take his replies with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 08:03:29 PM by TempleOfRoses » Logged

We argue too much here.
AsXpLy
Rocker

guitar god

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 01:03:22 AM »

lovin the alien its awesome

fall to pieces too .... Grin

the 8TH AND FINAL RULE OF THE FIGHT CLUB IS:
IF IT?S YOUR FIRST NIGHT IN THE FIGHT CLUB.... YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!

[IMG]http://www.newgnr.com/bbs/images/avatars/gallery/gnr/axl19.gif[
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 03:14:06 AM »

There you go again with a useless post just trying to annoy people and ruin a good post. Who the fuck cares if Slash didn't like playing ballads 15 fucking years ago. But you know what?Huh? He was in a band where some people wanted to do them so he went along with it. It's part of being in a band. Maybe he has grown and changed and digs ballads now. Or maybe he still doesn't like them but Duff or Scott or someone does. Who the fuck knows and why do you have to turn it into something negative.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 03:45:03 AM by tomass74 » Logged

DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 05:14:51 AM »

wasnt superhuman supposed to be a harder song?
i think some people labled superhuman wrong- its reallly loving the alien
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 08:13:12 AM »

Who the fuck cares if Slash didn't like playing ballads 15 fucking years ago.

The same people who still are upset about Steven being fired, Izzy leaving the band and the St. Louis riot?  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 09:02:24 AM »

There you go again with a useless post just trying to annoy people and ruin a good post. Who the fuck cares if Slash didn't like playing ballads 15 fucking years ago. But you know what?Huh? He was in a band where some people wanted to do them so he went along with it. It's part of being in a band. Maybe he has grown and changed and digs ballads now. Or maybe he still doesn't like them but Duff or Scott or someone does. Who the fuck knows and why do you have to turn it into something negative.

Its funny a lot of the reasons slash left gnr he is doing in VR.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 09:28:26 AM »

Its funny a lot of the reasons slash left gnr he is doing in VR.

He's in VR because Axl's not. It's that simple.  ok

According to Slash in 1995, Axl wanted to be Pearl Jam, maybe Slash wants to be Stone Temple Pilots? Those two don't mix. hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 12:47:52 PM »

the 3 songs I heard:
Superhuman - 4/5-the best way to desribe it is that is is a Sweet Song very mellow with a beautiful riff and solo. It's not the sappy piano type ballad. The vocals and the medolies sound more like Oasis/Beatles and a little Pink Floyd. And I'm loving the lyrics!

You Got No Right - 5/5 - sounds brilliant! Better than Fall To Pieces but without the repeating riff but it has one hell of a pretty long solo! The best solo I've heard from Contraband so far!

Sucketrain Blues - 5/5 - this song will be a huge hit!!!!!!! If not a huge commercial hit...it will be a huge hit amongst VR fans!! This song has everything...the energy is like nothing I've ever seen before! What separates this from Right Next Door To Hell is that STB has way better production which is why it might be a single! It's got an awesome Intro with sirens...Scott's layered vocals as he used to do in STP! I can see it already when the first verse kicks in the crowd is gonna go nuts! then it has an awesome chorus and a solo that really gets you going setting you up for the ultimate finish! Scott Vocals are vintage STP only he sings the versus soooo fast! You literally fell like you're riding on top a train at 200 miles an hour!!

Suckertrain Blues has confirmed to me that this album is not the average middle of the road album you usually get from supergroups or old reunited bands. Velvet Revolver is Guns N' Roses version 2.0! and I honestly believe they will make a huge impact in the music industry much like GN'R did! beer

I can't wait til June 8th so I can Blast contraband in my car. That is if my speakers make it past Suckertrain Blues. I can't wait til Wednesday when I get to here STB live in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 01:07:38 PM »

There's a chance that Superhuman was
Loving the Alien(Sometimes) because from all the way the band described Superhuman it seemed like more of a Rocker. And my description of Loving the alien sounds the same as the band's.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 07:14:19 PM »

I have heard 12 of the 13 songs, and i've been impressed by 8 of them, not bad.
  • Suckertrain Blues  ok
  • Do It For the Kids    Cool
  • Big Machine
  • Ilegal I                  ok
  • Spectacle
  • Fall To Pieces        ok
  • Headspace           ok
  • Superhuman
  • Set Me Free             Cool
  • You Got No Right   ok
  • Slither                   ok
  • Loving The Aliens

Dirty Li'll Things got to be a Rocker i HOPE

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
LovedAlien
Opening Act

I'm Scott Weiland!

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 08:39:44 PM »

Yeah, that copy of Superhuman was mislabeled, it's actually Loving The Alien (Sometimes).  You can tell it's a mistake because in the song he says 'Sometimes' over and over, and near the end he sings 'Loving The Alien'.  Superhuman is actually one of the harder songs, and is probably one of the album's best.

well if all is said and done
we're not the only ones....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: