Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  boycott contraband
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: boycott contraband  (Read 84397 times)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2004, 11:31:35 PM »

I think it will go to number 2 to start. I don't think it will go #1 because of the bad press they seem to be getting ie "Album's good, Scotts a fuckup"

all i know is that "slither" is already top 5 on the Billboard Rock Singles charts.
"Slither" is also the hottest debut on the Billboard Top 100 singles charts at #63 and I don't think it will be slowing down anytime soon. It will easily hit TOP 40, and I would even put $$$ that it may go TOP 30! smoking

Just as people say that "Madagascar" (could he go by the name DAVE?!) is better than any rock song out there  Tongue, I certainly believe that the same case could be made with "Slither", along with a video that is ulitimately cool with fans like myself (who don't carry Axl's grudges on their backs), with MTV and with VR most importantly. It will be getting some serious playing time, not to mention all the underground buzz that will emerge from all the clubs that VR play at in the coming month.

I will definitly buy this album. Even though I would wish that the band could put on some better lyrics for the music, the music is really great and fun! A hot rock n' roll soundtrack to what its turning out to be a hot summer
I guess that means that if Dave, and people wanna hate on this album and wanna debate the deep meanings of the chorus of Madagascar, then they don't know what it means to live - it means being able to live by your philosphies, not just sitting around typing away about them.
 Cheesy
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2004, 01:17:35 AM »

Sorry but that video isnt cool at all... Take a big cheese from your refrigerator, throw it in the TV and youll get the same result. The only thing that saves there is Slash, which is cool as always
SLCPUNK
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2004, 01:35:05 AM »

Sorry but that video isnt cool at all... Take a big cheese from your refrigerator, throw it in the TV and youll get the same result. The only thing that saves there is Slash, which is cool as always

So then you are saying Slash + Cheese = Still cool.

Grin
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2004, 02:15:36 AM »

So then you are saying Slash + Cheese = Still cool.

Grin

No, I?m saying Slash looks cool in any ocasion.... Even in this cheesy video
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2004, 06:04:23 AM »

Come on...Daves not getting bashed because its "cool"  or because everyone is doing it...its because his posts are ridiculous.  Hes not making a "negative VR statement," hes calling for a boycott.  If Dave doesnt want to get negative responses, it would be a good idea to stop posting ridiculous bullshit such as this.  Im sure some of the most overzealous Axl-diehards would agree that this is just retarded and child-like.  Its the original topic thats pathetic, not the responses.

I disagree. You may not agree with the guy, but making fun of him by pointing out his misspelling errors ( I'm not saying you have) is going too far.

Calling a boycott over a lawsuit involving your idol that you ultimately know nothing about is pathetic.  Criticizing Duff and Slash is one thing...something as bizarre as this is another.  And this is just one in a long line of Daves irrational post history, its not like a temporary absence of sense.

No, Dave's getting bashed because that has always been the pattern on Dave's posts. Regardless the nature of his post, he always gets bashed because he is an Axl Rose die hard fan. Yes, I agree that boycotting an album over an issue we have no clue about is going a bit too far - I already said I liked VR, hence I'll buy the album - but truth is this, Slash and Duff suing Axl Rose one month before VR's album release could be interpretated as another band/artist using the name Axl Rose to get more publicity.

But do we go calling for "boycotts" of GNR members over some bullshit we know little-to-nothing about?

No I don't. And I don't think you do either, but what's the big deal anyway? the guy may be pre-judging over an issue we know nothing about yet, but isn't he allowed to pre-judge? We all do in this board, so does he.

To remain on topic, I don't think VR will hit the top 5. Slither is a decent song, but I would've thought they should've released a different single. You got no right is a ballad ( great second single) but didn't Scott say something about the song "Falling to Pieces" to be one of the songs which will be remembered in 30 years time? Is thgat song a ballad as well?

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2004, 09:06:33 PM »

I think we should all boycott VRs new album for their latest stunt to fuck over axl.
Just when you think slash or duff cant get any lower they do.

You are such a stupid little immature twat. Can't you see that they are suing because Axl screwed THEM in the first place? He doesn't allow them commercial opportunities for songs THEY HELPED WRITE!

Everyone here knows that you love Axl beyond belief and would provide him with the best oral sex he's ever had in his life, not to mention have his children. It comes as no suprise to me... you were just waiting for a reason to say something like this, because you love Axl and hate the new band which is actually doing something.

Good, boycott it. I would be embarrased if I ever saw your waste-of-sperm, Axl-dick-sucking-groupie ass at a VR concert.

(NOTE: Axl is one of my favourite musicians, I have no hate for him. I just hate his sub 80 IQ groupies who would buy his sewage on Ebay with their life savings.)

I am immature when you are the one calling me names that is a good one.

Btw you really need t o get  your facts straight.
First off, slash was the one who nixed the idea of WTTJ being on the black hawk dawn sound track, so what do  you think of that?

Also, did you read those movies they want gnr songs in? They were trash, why should axl sell out, yes we all know slash likes to sell out but axl wont sell out to the highest bidder.
Gnr are not a corp rock band like aerosmith and bon jovi are, both who sell a lot of their songs to movies. You really want gnr to be viewed as that?

Do you really want to hear gnr songs as stupid gingles for car comericals or cerial comericals? I sure dont. Gnr were NEVER about that, so why start now?

Also if im not mistaken, doesnt axl also have a right to say no to having a song in a movie? You know that axl wrote 42% of AFD right?
That is more than any other member, so Id say axl has more right than any other band member to say what song can or cannnot be used in a movie.

Also why is it ok for slash to say no to having a gnr song in a movie but its not ok for axl to?
You didnt see axl try and sue slash when slash said no to having wttj in BHD but now of coarse we see slash and duff suing axl over a band they quit so long ago.

They are a joke.

Looks like 4 of you will be boycotting the album. VR are screwed hahahahah!!!! Your always throwing around that people need to get their facts straight. Well the reason Slash rejected WTJ from beong in Black Hawk Down was because Axl wanted to give them a version of the song recorded by the new band.  Axl isn't trying to save the integrity of the band by not selling songs to movies. He is doing it so the ex members don't get a cut.  He didnt have a problem having songs on "End Of Days", "Days Of Thunder" , "The Dead Pool", "T2" and others.... It i sso obvious that the success of VR is eating you up inside. It is killing you.....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 09:07:22 PM by tomass74 » Logged

Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2004, 09:15:28 PM »

I bet if somebody put up this same boycott message on teh gn'r board about axl and chinese democracy it would already be "locked" and whomever said it would be "banned"
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2004, 09:27:02 PM »

I think it will go to number 2 to start. I don't think it will go #1 because of the bad press they seem to be getting ie "Album's good, Scotts a fuckup"

all i know is that "slither" is already top 5 on the Billboard Rock Singles charts.
"Slither" is also the hottest debut on the Billboard Top 100 singles charts at #63 and I don't think it will be slowing down anytime soon. It will easily hit TOP 40, and I would even put $$$ that it may go TOP 30! smoking

Just as people say that "Madagascar" (could he go by the name DAVE?!) is better than any rock song out there  Tongue, I certainly believe that the same case could be made with "Slither", along with a video that is ulitimately cool with fans like myself (who don't carry Axl's grudges on their backs), with MTV and with VR most importantly. It will be getting some serious playing time, not to mention all the underground buzz that will emerge from all the clubs that VR play at in the coming month.

I will definitly buy this album. Even though I would wish that the band could put on some better lyrics for the music, the music is really great and fun! A hot rock n' roll soundtrack to what its turning out to be a hot summer
I guess that means that if Dave, and people wanna hate on this album and wanna debate the deep meanings of the chorus of Madagascar, then they don't know what it means to live - it means being able to live by your philosphies, not just sitting around typing away about them.
 Cheesy
MNR

I think the lyrics to Slither are awesome!!!!!

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2004, 09:28:56 PM »

I'll buy two copies. One to make up for Dave's boycott HAHAHAHAH.

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2004, 09:47:02 PM »

I'll buy two copies. One to make up for Dave's boycott HAHAHAHAH.

when you're dealing with an album that will ultimately ship multiplatinum in the states alone, it won't matters.

meanwhile, I'm sure Dave will enjoy his continual analysis of the "recorded voices" that play during the chorus of Madagascar.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2004, 09:57:56 PM »

This must eat at the core of dave's stomach that a couple members of gn'r have gotten on the ball and decided to do something cool...................it's gotta hurt. Ouch.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2004, 03:07:16 AM »

I bet if somebody put up this same boycott message on teh gn'r board about axl and chinese democracy it would already be "locked" and whomever said it would be "banned"

I bet you don't have a clue about how this board works.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2004, 06:53:46 AM »

VR is what it is. Not much earth shaking and very predictable. If i don't hear (Contra)Band, I feel I have not missed much. Slither could have been released fifteen years ago and no one would have felt it's out of place. VR won't set the world on fire in the same way that AudioSlave didnt either.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2004, 11:42:38 AM »

VR is what it is. Not much earth shaking and very predictable. If i don't hear (Contra)Band, I feel I have not missed much. Slither could have been released fifteen years ago and no one would have felt it's out of place. VR won't set the world on fire in the same way that AudioSlave didnt either.

HeHe, whatever, dude. You go to your room & listen to your boots of Madagascar & the Blues, & I'll be seeing VR live at Roseland, then I'll be buying their new CD on June 8th, & from what I've heard so far, it's gonna rock.

However, if damming them with faint praise, or minimizing what they are about to do somehow makes you feel better about Axl, go ahead.

We Velvet Revolver fans don't want the likes of you among our ranks, anyway.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2004, 12:14:13 PM »

huh? this is a message board, i posted my opinion. deal with it. I wouldn't join your "posse" anyway because i have a free spirit and mind.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2004, 12:27:03 PM »

Do you have a secret handshake?

As soon as somebody says anything even remotely negative about VR it's because the person is an Axl fan? I guess the magazines are full of Axl fans then....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2004, 01:03:49 PM »

Contraband is gonna rock plain and simple - one person boycotting it is one more CD and one more concert ticket for a real VR fan.

Riot In Everyone!
Dizzy
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2004, 05:39:47 PM »

Maybe, just maybe --  and I'm going out on a limb here -- but MAYBE Velvet Revolver does not intend (or care) to set the world on fire or shaking the earth?  Maybe -- just maybe -- they're just intent on playing good ol' fashioned rock n roll music?  That's good enough for me.  No band needs to set the world on fire to garner my support.  They've just got to have the music there, that's all that matters.

No, because our hands are too busy pumping our fists in the air to VR's asskicking rock n roll!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:47:45 PM by Dizzy » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2004, 09:13:13 PM »

As soon as somebody says anything even remotely negative about VR it's because the person is an Axl fan? I guess the magazines are full of Axl fans then....

/jarmo

That is because the FEW people here that have talked shit about VR happen to be known HUGE AXL FANATICS.  And Providman was replying to killingvector who is a known HUGE Axl supporter.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2004, 09:17:57 PM »

There are going to be certain people here that are actually threatened by VR's success and will not like them no matter what.  Slither happens to be a great song and it seems the rest of the nation agrees.  They are just having fun and making some kick ass music while doing it. They are not out to change the world. When you take rock to seriously you ruin it.  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: