Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  boycott contraband
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: boycott contraband  (Read 79587 times)
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2004, 01:52:25 AM »

***Edit***

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2004, 04:26:42 AM »

The timing is bad

Why is the timing so bad? Did you want them to wait til CD comes out??? It i sthe BIGGEST fucking joke in the world also , when people start saying that this lawsuit is delaying CD.  Chinese Democracy get delayed everytime Axl crawls out of his hole and see's his own pathetic shadow.

the timing is bad because they decide to sue on the eve of their maiden album and tour, as if the publicity of this action will help explain to fans what happened to guns n roses. I can see the suit's inclusion in the BTM special as some tacky tacked on narration over the last 30 seconds. The press will eat up the lawsuit and most likely we will see it referenced in every VR article in the run up to the album/tour. This shit should have been handled years ago instead of waiting for the crest of media attention.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2004, 04:59:21 AM »

The timing is bad

Why is the timing so bad? Did you want them to wait til CD comes out??? It i sthe BIGGEST fucking joke in the world also , when people start saying that this lawsuit is delaying CD.  Chinese Democracy get delayed everytime Axl crawls out of his hole and see's his own pathetic shadow.

the timing is bad because they decide to sue on the eve of their maiden album and tour, as if the publicity of this action will help explain to fans what happened to guns n roses. I can see the suit's inclusion in the BTM special as some tacky tacked on narration over the last 30 seconds. The press will eat up the lawsuit and most likely we will see it referenced in every VR article in the run up to the album/tour. This shit should have been handled years ago instead of waiting for the crest of media attention.

People aleady know what happened to Guns N Roses. Axl has made them a joke.....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:59:53 AM by tomass74 » Logged

Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2004, 07:32:56 PM »

Stop your whining, ole the timing is bad. If Axl would release something......something, or do something, full 100%, we would not be having this discussion.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2004, 01:56:01 AM »

Here's something for all you conspiracy theorists.  Maybe Dave is secretly a Velvet Revolver fan.  Knowing that many people on the board despise his relentless Axl-worship, he decides to use that to help promote the VR album.  People will buy the record just to spite his apparent boycott attempt.  Hmm...
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2004, 02:18:41 AM »

Here's something for all you conspiracy theorists.  Maybe Dave is secretly a Velvet Revolver fan.  Knowing that many people on the board despise his relentless Axl-worship, he decides to use that to help promote the VR album.  People will buy the record just to spite his apparent boycott attempt.  Hmm...

hmmm.... i doubt it. The nightmare that is davegnfnr2k has been terrorizing our eyes for way too long to be a smart promotional tactic

Its sad, but unfortunately this kid really believes the diarhea that he hurls through his keyboard
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2004, 02:40:19 AM »

Wow, it's amazing how some of you digress and personally attack somebody like dave whose opinion does not agree with yours. It's quite embarrassing to read some of these posts, and they generally fall along party lines, namely those siding with VR. I really hope Chinese Democracy sees the light of day and proves alot of you wrong; but i guess what will happen is that it will open up more opportunities for the proliferation of negativity that springs from VR, Slash, and Duff. It's a damn shame you can't live and let live. I don't plan on buying (Contra)Band because it don't care for what I hear. Add in the maliciousness of a lawsuit and my affinity for these old guys have diminished significantly, as well as their fans. Some of you should seriously focus on the positives and enjoy the fact that you have music. Axl isn't negatively effecting your enjoyment of this new band in the same manner Slash and Duff are hurting nuGnR's chances of appearing this year.  If you enjoy VR, great. I'm very happy for you, but show a little respect for christ's sake.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2004, 03:00:34 AM »

Wow, it's amazing how some of you digress and personally attack somebody like dave whose opinion does not agree with yours. It's quite embarrassing to read some of these posts, and they generally fall along party lines, namely those siding with VR. I really hope Chinese Democracy sees the light of day and proves alot of you wrong; but i guess what will happen is that it will open up more opportunities for the proliferation of negativity that springs from VR, Slash, and Duff. It's a damn shame you can't live and let live. I don't plan on buying (Contra)Band because it don't care for what I hear. Add in the maliciousness of a lawsuit and my affinity for these old guys have diminished significantly, as well as their fans. Some of you should seriously focus on the positives and enjoy the fact that you have music. Axl isn't negatively effecting your enjoyment of this new band in the same manner Slash and Duff are hurting nuGnR's chances of appearing this year.  If you enjoy VR, great. I'm very happy for you, but show a little respect for christ's sake.

Why don't you follow your own advice and focus on the positives, if you can find any. Why are you so focused on the negativity you claim that springs from VR? If you don't enjoy the music that is fine, but don't let something as silly as a lawsuit cloud your judgment. It's not like they are disappointing you at every turn, but I digress.

People aren't attacking Dave for having a differing opinion. People are attacking Dave for acting like a 11 year old teenybopper blinded by their idol worship. I don't have a problem with him being against the lawsuit, but it's beyond ridiculous to try and start a boycott because someone messes with his idol, especially when he tries it  on a board that supports the group he is boycotting.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2004, 03:15:25 AM »

Half of us agree with Axl... Half with Slash.... Both are very talented. No one disagrees with that.

Look at what they accomplished...

VR can be a new leaf...... but

WE MUST JOIN TOGETHER TO BOYCOTT ADDLER'S APPETITE.

Boycott ADDLER'S APPETITE...

He is living off his 15 mins, with washed up musicians. I am glad his US tour messed up. Change Names

COKE'D up Steven is ruining AFD greatest. I have seen Kareoke better then Steven.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dizzy
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2004, 09:41:49 AM »

WE MUST JOIN TOGETHER TO BOYCOTT ADDLER'S APPETITE.  COKE'D up Steven is ruining AFD greatest.

Christ, will you lay the hell off Steven?  In the whopping four posts to your name, this is the third damn post you've dedicated your stupid "boycott Steven" crap, all in completely unrelated threads.  And you can't even spell "Adler" correctly to boot.

And if you're going to insult Steven, try to do better than the hackneyed, cliched "coked up" (even though you didn't spell that right either).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 09:46:16 AM by Dizzy » Logged
mortismurphy
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2004, 10:00:38 AM »

This is a arwful thread.
This gnr2k comes here on a ''Velvet Revolver' forum, where all the people will buy this album, it is quite obviouse it is HE who is   inciting trouble and not simply    'expressing a  opinon'  
Idiot.

It is pretty obviouse everyone here except 1 or 2 will buy it
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2004, 11:33:14 AM »

So then I guess it's not possible for someone to come on the VR board and criticize these guys? We should all revel in their magnificance and masturbate to their every note?

such hypocrisy here. I remember seeing alot of you on the GnR board trashing that band left and right, posting threads that ripped the music and the man, yet you were allowed to set up discussion pieces. Dave comes here, rightfully criticizes the timing of their suit and what do you guys do? you trash HIM! and then say he brought it upon himself???

Some of you should take a whiff of what you're shoveling.

Seriously, you VR fans have to learn that Slash, Duff, Matt, Scott and the other guy are not the saviors of rock, perhaps bland rock, but that's for another thread. there will be people who don't like them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 11:36:33 AM by killingvector » Logged

speed_stone
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2004, 11:41:41 AM »

who cares if he wants people to boycott this album, it's not like he's gonna ruin their careers. my take on this is that it's a stupid move of duff and slash to sue axl now, no doubt it's for publicity. and if not, they are even stupider than i thought. they sold axl the rights to the name and thus he has some control over the songs... he DID write alot of the guns n' roses material. and if they were to drunk or stoned to realize what they did, well, their bad. i know i wouldn't throw my songs around to random movies and such. after all, axl is the only original member left in the band, PLUS he owns the name guns n' roses, so it's only fair that he gets to make descisions regarding the songs. personally i don't really care about velvet revolver. good for them, but nothing more. i kinda lost some respect for duff and slash and i don't like scott weiland, plus i find the music they have released so far boring.
TempleOfRoses
Headliner

Hit It!!

« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2004, 11:51:14 AM »

I think we should all boycott VRs new album for their latest stunt to fuck over axl.
Just when you think slash or duff cant get any lower they do.

I dont know if this has been asked yet but I also dont feel like going through all 10 pages of this thread  hihi  Dave, how are Slash and Duff "fucking over" Axl?  They are making music because its what they like to do, how is this fucking over Axl?  I suppose when Axl went on tour he was "fucking over" Slash and Duff, right?  Immaturity reigns.

We argue too much here.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2004, 12:39:30 PM »

So then I guess it's not possible for someone to come on the VR board and criticize these guys? We should all revel in their magnificance and masturbate to their every note?

I personally have no problem with him criticizing VR. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if they are blinded by their loyalty. However, it's just stupid to attempt to organize a boycott on a VR board. How many people on this board did he think would go along with him?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2004, 01:05:20 PM »

FYI, Dave didn't come here to post about the boycott, I moved the thread here.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2004, 01:18:11 PM »

there is such a huge buzz for this album. everyone is spreading the word. i know tons of people here in philly that are gonna buy it.

and i plan to buy several copies to give to friends that won't buy it. just to support these guys!!!

the Summer of Velvet Revolver has begun!!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mortismurphy
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2004, 01:27:23 PM »

Criticism?
''boycott'' thats harldy constructive  critisism is it?

Stupidiy, music is bought if you like it or not.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2004, 04:09:17 PM »

So if Gary Glitter writes a kick ass record from his Thailand prison cell, you would buy it?

Doesn't an artist's reputation, credibility, and likeability play a huge roll in drawing consumers?

I think pulling out this lawsuit at this time is pure balls; in fact, it's designed to kick axl in his proverbial man package. Bullshit move and demonstrates an incredible lack of class.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2004, 04:09:48 PM »

This is a arwful thread.
This gnr2k comes here on a ''Velvet Revolver' forum, where all the people will buy this album, it is quite obviouse it is HE who is   inciting trouble and not simply    'expressing a  opinon'  
Idiot.

It is pretty obviouse everyone here except 1 or 2 will buy it

Let me answer this, its easy.
Why is it that I am an idiot for making a post like this on a VR board, yet there are tons of people on the gnr board that are always bashing Axl and the new band?
People like you crack me up, can you say hypocrite?

I find it funny that all the Axl bashers and new gnr hates love the anti axl and anti new gnr theads yet the second there is a negative thing said about slash or vr they do off the deep end.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 04:11:08 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: