Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  boycott contraband
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: boycott contraband  (Read 79661 times)
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2004, 10:48:21 PM »

I think we should all boycott VRs new album for their latest stunt to fuck over axl.
Just when you think slash or duff cant get any lower they do.

BRAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. I return to this board for the first time in like 8 months and DaveGnR3K9 is still posting his usual stuff.  Remember when I offered you a bet in 2002 that CD wouldn't come out by July 4, 2003? Ah the good ol' days.  Face facts, bud.  VR is red hot. Slither is lighting up the airwaves at top stations that wouldn't even play the new GnR.  The band is selling out all shows quickly. The album will be a hit. I have friends that have heard most tracks and all agree it rocks hard.  I could give two shits  if Duff and Slash sue Axl. Hell, he deserves it for ruining the greatest band in rock.  Now that bucketboy has deserted town too along with the other 75 before him, I would''ve thought that maybe, just maybe, you'd see the light.  By your post here, I guess the answer is a resounding "no".  I honestly believet that you are indeed Axl Rose.  If so - put out an album already!

"It'll be out by 2009"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2004, 01:06:37 AM »

It's statements like this ^^^^^^^ that fuel the feud between nuGnR fans and VR fans. If you want to appreciate the music for what it is, then I can appreciate and respect that. If you want to use it as a lynch pin to further berate axl for taking his time, procrastinating, or wigging out then you will hear from me. I won't buy this album because it sounds like something i've already heard and has not gotten me excited. I am more excited about Bucketheadland II than (Contra)Band. One is innovative, the other appears from what i hear to be redundant.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 01:10:58 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2004, 01:23:39 AM »

BRAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. I return to this board for the first time in like 8 months and DaveGnR3K9 is still posting his usual stuff.  Remember when I offered you a bet in 2002 that CD wouldn't come out by July 4, 2003? Ah the good ol' days.  Face facts, bud.  VR is red hot. Slither is lighting up the airwaves at top stations that wouldn't even play the new GnR.  The band is selling out all shows quickly. The album will be a hit. I have friends that have heard most tracks and all agree it rocks hard.  I could give two shits  if Duff and Slash sue Axl. Hell, he deserves it for ruining the greatest band in rock.  Now that bucketboy has deserted town too along with the other 75 before him, I would''ve thought that maybe, just maybe, you'd see the light.  By your post here, I guess the answer is a resounding "no".  I honestly believet that you are indeed Axl Rose.  If so - put out an album already!

This is the exact type of post I expected when I saw your name.  Friends who have heard the album? Who would that be? Wouldn't happen to be people close to VR would it? Cuz if so, I really appreciate their unbiased opinion.

Contraband rocks hard? BWAHAHA,  you must be talking about the other 12 tracks, the ones that only your friends conveniently heard, not whats been made available.  

Stop comparing VR to Axl...alot of you Slash fans have the luxury of drawing attention away from any commercial failure he puts out and using Axl's lack of material as a way to comfort yourself.  For once, look at Slash's/Duff's/Vr's material without blatantly reminding yourself "Well I guess its better than Axl's no show".

If we look at Slither as a single from a new unknown band and if we dont compare it to Axl's failed attempts, it plummets down to a really average song.
By the way, I am a huge Slash fan,  I'm just being honest.
If I had to choose any word to describe VR...RED or HOT would probably be some of the last - stop acting like this is a reincarnation of Queen, they have a mediocre first single that manages to compete with other mediocre songs of today.  
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2004, 02:34:02 AM »

one - My brother works in NYC for RCA Records and has heard Contraband in its entirety.  Two - I have a close friend who works on marketing for many major releases and bands including Coldplay, radiohead, the Darkness, and yes... VR. He's heard 6 tracks and said that all were terrific and rocked.

As for Slither - IMHO, the song is awesome.  When it comes on, I crank it up. When it comes on, I drive faster.  The guitar licks crunch hard.  I liked The Blues a lot. I thought madagascar was pretty good.  i didn't care for any of the other 'new' GnR stuff at all. IMO, Slither is better than all but The Blues.  

I went to the VR Smashbox Studios acoustic set last year.  I heard the other new VR song that has yet to be released "You Got no Right" or somethign like that.  It was STPish and is much better than Slither to me.  It is certainly as catchy as The Blues.

And what is this bs about it sounding like something you've heard. Of course it does. You've heard Weiland's voice and you've heard the band's signature sound.  I loved GnR and I loved STP so of course I like their combined sound.  

It's time for you Axl cronies to admit that the music world has moved on and that Axl has been left behind, botox and all.  By the time we hear CD, it will sound like something you've heard too - because it will be dated.

"It'll be out by 2009"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2004, 11:50:44 AM »

That is because the FEW people here that have talked shit about VR happen to be known HUGE AXL FANATICS.  And Providman was replying to killingvector who is a known HUGE Axl supporter.

That's funny, you say a lot of stuff about Axl and you're not his biggest fan now are you?

I've seen "Slither" reviews that say the song is "ok", not anything special. Are those people Axl fans too?

I bet you think Snakepit made the best rock album of 2000?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2004, 12:10:49 PM »

This is really stupid when you think about I am really interested in the album, and if we see Chinese Democracy which is hangs in the balance is another issue but I wouldn't boycott the album for something stupid.

EEEERRRR Little boy
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2004, 12:14:27 PM »

A couple points I'd like to make:

1) I like Set Me Free, better than Slither.  However, I also think Set Me Free, is just as good as any song the NEW GNR has put out.

2) Axl loyalists would be better off embracing Contraband, or at least giving it a chance.  Chinese Democracy is not coming out anytime soon.  

3) Don't underestimate the musical abilities of Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum.  Slash and Duff especially are responsible for the great music we heard from GNR recordings.

4) The bottom line is Velvet Revolver was able to get their shit together faster than new GNR's.  With that in mind, we all should look forward to Contraband, which chould be the best rock album since Use Your Illusion II.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
madagas
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2004, 12:28:05 PM »

Are you serious? The best rock album since UYI?Huh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Roll Eyes This WHOLE board is becoming a massive joke...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2004, 01:30:39 PM »

Are you serious? The best rock album since UYI?Huh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Roll Eyes This WHOLE board is becoming a massive joke...

Some of these people are the same "objective" fans who have been giving their "objective" opinions on the new GN'R tracks for years now.

I found this situation really funny. Some of you VR fans have been bashing a lot of the stuff Axl has done or hasn't done in recent years. Now that VR is releasing their single, video and album, as soon as somebody says something even remotely negative it's met with a "stay out of the VR section you Axl fan, at least VR are releasing something" reply.

If your attitude regarding "Slither" is "at least they're releasing something unlike Axl", then you'll be happy with the album without even hearing a single note of it.

Personally I think Contraband might be one of the better rock albums of 2004. But I'm not gonna say it'll be the best rock album since 1991 even before I've heard it..... Besides, many great rock albums have been released between 1991 and 2004.  Tongue

/jarmo

PS PhillyRiot, don't underestimate Izzy's songwriting abilities.

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2004, 01:42:45 PM »

Were the UYI's even rock albums?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2004, 02:22:43 PM »

Were the UYI's even rock albums?

Yes

Contraband, which chould be the best rock album since Use Your Illusion II.

The best album Slash has put out since UYI, I do not doubt that. You know that there are other bands, which are amazing in their own right...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 02:27:00 PM by Dr.Funk » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2004, 02:26:05 PM »

well most admit to liking madag and the blues. the other songs just don't deserve to be under the gnr name. It's that simple. That is the reason why nu-gnr fans are taking shots at VR fans because they can't accept the fact that only 2 of the 6 new songs they've heard in over 13 years are any good and there is no sign of a album arriving anytime soon. I'm gonna tell it like it madagascar and the blues are great songs but the rest are crap. So far VR is 3 for 3 with the songs we've heard. Now Axl can silence all the critics by simply releasing his "Big Guns" but he doesn't. Why?...because he doesn't have faith in them.
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2004, 02:29:12 PM »

JARMO - I certainly do not underestimate Izzy's song writing abilities.  I wish he was a member of Velvet Revolver.  

MADAGASCAR - Contraband certainly can be the best rock album since UYI2.  I won't know until I own it.  I mean really how many good rock albums have there been since then?  Nirvana is good but doesn't really do it for me, so what other albums would they have to beat?

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2004, 02:32:04 PM »

well most admit to liking madag and the blues. the other songs just don't deserve to be under the gnr name. It's that simple. That is the reason why nu-gnr fans are taking shots at VR fans because they can't accept the fact that only 2 of the 6 new songs they've heard in over 13 years are any good and there is no sign of a album arriving anytime soon. I'm gonna tell it like it madagascar and the blues are great songs but the rest are crap. So far VR is 3 for 3 with the songs we've heard. Now Axl can silence all the critics by simply releasing his "Big Guns" but he doesn't. Why?...because he doesn't have faith in them.

Oh my goodness, if you are even going to compare them,  why do you conveniently forget the Snakepit trainwreck and Believe in Me. So far they are 0 for 3 (or more) in terms of albums.
madagas
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2004, 02:33:50 PM »

Almost any of the grunge albums from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, and Soundgarden. Radiohead Ok Computer-The Bends, Tool -Lateralus and Aenema are flat out monsters, just off the top of my head.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2004, 02:40:44 PM »

Nirvana is good but doesn't really do it for me, so what other albums would they have to beat?

Many Alice in Chains albums
Red Hot CHili Peppers
Pumpkins
Oasis
Possibly, The Black Album (released in 91...not sure about this one in terms of dates)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2004, 02:42:59 PM »

Oh my goodness, if you are even going to compare them,  why do you conveniently forget the Snakepit trainwreck and Believe in Me. So far they are 0 for 3 (or more) in terms of albums.

wow I can't believe what I just read. You think Slash and duff put those bands together because they wanted to rule the world like they are trying to do with VR? If you think that then you are really clueless because they did their solo albums and the snakepits and loadeds of the world for fun because they like to make music and at the time needed to stay out of the spotlight. Why do you think they waited 6 years to get back together?...Exactly
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2004, 02:43:24 PM »

I don't see any STP in these lists hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2004, 02:53:03 PM »

You think Slash and duff put those bands together because they wanted to rule the world like they are trying to do with VR?

So that's why they're editing their song(s) and doing all those interviews, they want to rule the world..... Where are the people screaming "sell-outs"?  hihi

I thought VR was for "fun" too.  Huh

/jarmo

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2004, 02:58:22 PM »

somebody help me out here...

of course VR is for fun too! it's just a much more series band now. The guys are through with staying underground. They got that off their chests. Now it's time to reach the masses again like they did with Gn'R. Why is that so hard to understand??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: