Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:33:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Judas Priest Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judas Priest Thread  (Read 58013 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2005, 10:55:53 PM »

According to Sony Music Japan, JUDAS PRIEST's upcoming live CD will carry the title "Re-Unleashed in the East" and is tentatively due this fall.

JUDAS PRIEST filmed and recorded their May 18-19 shows at the Budokan in Tokyo, Japan for the album as well as a full-length concert DVD. The band used three cameras and two large screens during the sold-out shows, which were attended by a total of 20,000 people. The group's setlist for the concerts can be found at this location.

JUDAS PRIEST will launch their North American May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Support at all dates will come from QUEENSR?CHE.

JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to tour in support of "Angel of Retribution", their first album with singer Rob Halford in 15 years. "Angel of Retribution" was produced by Roy Z, who has previously worked on solo albums from Halford and IRON MAIDEN's Bruce Dickinson. The set is bundled with a concert DVD shot in a bullring in Valencia, Spain.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=37074

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2005, 09:07:25 PM »

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2005, 12:11:25 AM »

Can anyone post an updated setlist for the 2005 US tour when they find one or go to a show. Im goign june 4th in detroit just wanting to know whati can expect to hear

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2005, 10:50:06 PM »

Lochness is so cheesy that it's great.
They should've - in my opinion- left Lochness off an otherwise great album.

Obviously the person who put the album together thought differently.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2005, 08:17:58 AM »

JUDAS PRIEST kicked off the North American leg of their world tour on Monday (May 30) at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Hellion/Electric Eye
02. Metal Gods
03. Riding on the Wind
04. Touch of Evil
05. Judas Rising
06. Revolution
07. Breaking the Law
08. I'm A Rocker
09. Diamonds and Rust (acoustic)
10. Deal with the Devil
11. Beyond the Realms of Death
12. Turbo Lover
13. Hellrider
14. Victim of Changes
15. Exciter
16. Painkiller
First Encore:
17. Hell Bent for Leather
18. Living after Midnight
Second Encore:
19. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2005, 08:18:48 AM »

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton recently spoke to the Pioneer Press about the group's world tour in support of their latest CD, "Angel of Retribution". A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

On inspiring much of the heavy-metal parody film "This Is Spinal Tap":

"We've always been a larger-than-life band, and we've been in those 'Spinal Tap' moments. I thought it was a good movie, funny movie. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we've always taken the music seriously, and I hope people know that."
On the group's decision to book a U.S. arena tour for the first time since the early '90s:

"There are two keys, really ? one is we genuinely love JUDAS PRIEST music. We're not just out there for the bucks. The other, which seems strange to say, is parting company with [singer] Rob [Halford] and him coming back has made us realize how special PRIEST is."

On the band's "reunion" album, "Angel of Retribution":

"We hadn't worked together for so long, and it just opened the floodgates, and we were very prolific. I don't suppose we've ever dealt with the bigger issues. We were separated over 10 years, and the music brought us back together, so my comment (to other bands) would be to get it all on the table. It's like a marriage ? you need to communicate.

"On a positive note, we get to travel around the world and play music we love, and I firmly believe it's helping us to stay young, rather than give up the ghost and grow fat. As long as there's a demand for PRIEST and we can cut it up there, we'll be there."

SLCPUNK
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »

The ironic thing about that is the DVD of their new stuff. They have live clips with interviews inbetween. It is so much like spinal tap it is amazing. I watch it and wonder if they realize how much it came off as such. It's too funny. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but it is dead on with ST, dead on.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2005, 02:48:25 PM »

The ironic thing about that is the DVD of their new stuff. They have live clips with interviews inbetween. It is so much like spinal tap it is amazing. I watch it and wonder if they realize how much it came off as such. It's too funny. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but it is dead on with ST, dead on.

I was thinking the same thing . ok

Made me want to  watch spinal tap.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2005, 03:37:34 PM »

Mark Uricheck of NEPAtoday recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST bassist Ian Hill. A couple of excerpts from the conversation follow:

NEPAtoday: When the band was recording this new record, or any of your records for that matter, do you have the classic JUDAS PRIEST sound in the back of your minds?

Ian Hill: "It's something that pretty much comes naturally to us. I mean, obviously Ken [Downing] and Glenn [Tipton] spent a lot of time on their guitar sound, and I spent a lot of time on bass sound, same with drum sounds or whatever, you know. Generally speaking, the combined sound comes out JUDAS PRIEST. It's like a chemistry; you put the same chemicals together and you come out with the same result. So yeah, we'd probably be worried if it didn't sound like JUDAS PRIEST. There's no actual conscious effort that has to be put into it to make it sound that way."

NEPAtoday: I understand you filmed the show in Birmingham, England for a live DVD. How did that go?

Ian Hill: "The filming went great. I'm not sure what the ending result is going to look like! (laughs) But they took a hell of a lot of footage. That's in the works now though; they're still playing with that."

NEPAtoday: It seems now that there's a new generation of fans coming to your shows. How do you feel about the legacy of the band?

Ian Hill: "That just about sums it up ? the legacy of the band, and a whole new generation of fans coming through; which is great news. It's not just with us, but with heavy metal in general. It looks like the future's pretty rosy, you know. I think the legacy of JUDAS PRIEST is that we continue to play the traditional metal, where up until very recently up and coming bands have sort of fragmented. They've been, you know, speed bands, gothic bands, death metal bands. They've fragmented in all these little directions, which is a shame because all the versatility went out of it for a while there. Heavy metal is all of those things and more. That's something we've tried to address on the new album; the facets of heavy metal JUDAS PRIEST have been involved with over the years. It covers a hell of a lot of ground ? fast, slow, commercial. You name it, there's a little bit of everything on there. There's a little bit of everything in there for anybody."

NEPAtoday: Would it be fair to say that what's kept you audience over the years is that you've never been afraid to push the limits of your signature sound?

Ian Hill: "Yeah, you're widening your fan base. The more versatile you are, obviously you're going to please a lot more people with different tastes. And of course, the people that only like one facet of our music, maybe they'll get into the other stuff as well. So yeah, I think it's important to be versatile as well. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those kinds of bands, but too much of a certain thing tends to make it a bit commonplace. I think variety now is something we should do, especially for the old fans who are turning up."

NEPAtoday: Would it be safe to say that not recording or touring with Rob [Halford] for so long, then starting up again has recharged the band?

Ian Hill: "That's very fair to say that. At the end of the 'Painkiller' tour (1991) we were very, very tired you know. We spent a long time, decades even, out on tour with very little time off. And I think everybody was pretty low anyway at the end of that tour. I think everybody was looking forward to a good couple of years off anyway. Then of course after all this time Rob comes back with the band, the sound and the freshness is all back again. It was probably lacking before, but it's all there now. It's like a rebirth of the band, it's a great time for us."

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2005, 04:16:22 PM »

I'm heading off to Detroit now to see them. Hope they live up to my ecpectations

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2005, 04:46:28 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford recently spoke to Northeastern Pennsylvania's Times Leader about the group's latest album, "Angel of Retribution", and his return, after 12 years, to one of the pioneering bands in the heavy metal genre. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

On being "home" again:

"I feel like I left the house, went for a walk and came back, and you know how good it feels when you come back to your own house where you rightfully need to be."

On heavy metal being here to stay:

"The elements of metal in all its strengths and power and passion touches a raw nerve in each of us looking for that sort of human connection of music."

"You go to a show, blow off some steam, let the band be your catalyst (for head banging relief of frustration), and get away from the problems in the world for a couple of hours and have a great time."

On seeing a new generation offans and feeling new blood in the crowd:

"There's nothing more rewarding than seeing a vast cross-section of people from three generations. It's incredibly exciting."

"I never knew how I would feel or react to this. Now I'm seeing it and feeling it's the best possible part of being in a band, this longevity."

On the honest, gut energy of a JUDAS PRIEST performance:

"When we are out there doing what we do, it's 1,000 percent PRIEST. JUDAS PRIEST has always done that, even when I was away."

"I just feel when I go to work on stage, I'm back home in the right place, and all my needs are being covered as a singer, writer and performer. I don't think anyone can ask for more than that, quite frankly. All of us are thrilled to be back in each other's company."

On the new studio album, "Angel of Retribution", which Halford considers among the band's best work and which he believes will one day be looked back on as a classic:

"You let these things (a CD) out into the world and you have no control over what will happen. It's a critically acclaimed record pretty much worldwide, with a Top 10 chart position pretty much worldwide. The feedback was way more than we expected."

"You can't just throw something on a wall and hope it sticks. You have to put your nose to the grindstone and work hard."

On his time away from the band:

"For me that time away was definitely more than the music. Music is the driving force in my life, definitely. I was also going through a period of reflection, and it was the time of my life when most men, and I would imagine women, feel the need to kind of sit back and think and ponder and try to figure out: 'OK, I've been around 50 odd years of my life almost, and what have I achieved so far, and how do I feel about it and what is left to do?' I think I was going through that cycle of kind of an internal discovery, as everybody does."

On whether there are more dynamics working against a band, any band, staying together, then there are working in a group's favor:

"That's a fantastic question. Those first few years of being ? working and recording and writing and performing ? that's the touchstone. If it's not really connecting and flowing from the early days, there is a problem."

On how the negative feedback received from the work that has been created will impact a band:

"They will break up or be relentless and continue. If the feedback is looking healthy and strong and dynamic, it affects one's optimism and drive and energy. At the end of the day, no matter what you do in the creative world, if you are not having the kind of sustained reason for doing what you do, all the dynamics are affected. Next year, the band will have been together 35 years. If the dynamics are not right by now, they never will be (laughter)."

On being considered a pioneering band:

"We've been delighted to see metal grow from a little acorn to a massive tree. And the roots of metal are JUDAS PRIEST and BLACK SABBATH. We are holding it all up. We feel fantastic about that."

On having the responsibility to deliver every night:

"You can't stand with your shoulders back and your head up unless you can qualify it with a performance. That has been the lifeline of this band throughout its career."

"We can still make people say, 'That was great! That was amazing! I want to go on that ride again!' "

"We're not nostalgia. I hate that word. We are not a nostalgia act. We're an act that has been around a long time and hopefully will be around a long time."

SLCPUNK
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2005, 04:48:19 PM »

I'm heading off to Detroit now to see them. Hope they live up to my ecpectations

How was da show?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2005, 04:52:53 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST will be teaming up with WHITESNAKE for a tour of Mexico and South America in September. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Sep. 03 - Mexico City, MEX @ Sports Palace
Sep. 06 - Rio De Janeiro, BRA @ Clara Hall
Sep. 07 - Sao Paulo, BRA @ Pacaembu
Sep. 09 - Porto Alegre, BRA @ Gigontinho
Sep. 11 - Buenos Aires, ARG @ Obras Sanitarias
Sep. 13 ? Santiago, CHL @ San Carlos Apoquindo
Sep. 16 - Puerto Rico, PR @ Roberto Clemente Coliseum

JUDAS PRIEST kicked off their North American with QUEENSR?CHE on May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to tour in support of "Angel of Retribution", their first album with singer Rob Halford in 15 years. "Angel of Retribution" was produced by Roy Z, who has previously worked on solo albums from Halford and IRON MAIDEN's Bruce Dickinson. The set is bundled with a concert DVD shot in a bullring in Valencia, Spain.

WOW Priest are fucking touring big time lol

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2005, 07:47:46 AM »

Pennsylvania's Fly Magazine recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

On the group's three-decade history:

"It's all a bit of a blur, but combined, it's all a damn good memory. I say to my mother, 'I just want you to know, mummy, if I suddenly disappear off the planet and I am no more, let me tell you this: I've had a good time. I've rocked the world, and the world?s rocked me.'"

On PRIEST fans around the world coming out of retirement to witness the rebirth of a metal giant:

"The fans that we had through the '80s and even the '70s, they're still there, and they're more than willing to come out to see a band that they know and love. It just has to be, for them, the original.

"I suppose a lot of people tend to feel a bit let down when a band kind of splits up, and quite rightly so. They've supported the band and bought all the records and gone to all the shows, and suddenly it's no more. They're supposed to accept the game when somebody?s moved the goalposts on them, and it's not really entirely fair. But it just goes to show that the support will be there if you get back together and give the people what they know and love."

On the group's latest album, "Angel of Retribution":

"I think people wanted something they could recognize as being PRIEST. So I think consciously or subconsciously, that's what was in our brains, and that was pretty much what came out.

"Let's face it, we all take our music with us to the grave, the music that we grew up with, the first time we got laid, the first time we got drunk and had a hangover, the first time we crashed the old man's car into the garage. The music we were listening to and grew up with, that gets into our veins. Age is insignificant, really, in respect of that. You don't suddenly get to be 40, 50 or even 60 and suddenly think, 'Well, I'm this age now. I'd better start listening to classical music.? It just doesn't happen. I'll be there, however long I live, still putting on my old HENDRIX records or JOHN MAYALL'S BLUESBREAKERS or CREAM and rocking out."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2005, 03:09:21 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford has confirmed the group's plans to release a live DVD documenting PRIEST's "Angel of Retribution" tour, tentatively due sometime in 2006. In an interview with the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline", conducted earlier in the week, Halford said, "We had a wonderful moment recently where we played our hometown in Birmingham, in the Midlands, and we played at the NEC, which is like a big top-notch rock venue, and there were 10,000 metal maniacs there, and we actually filmed that show. We also filmed a show at a famous venue in Sweden called the Globe, and then more recently we filmed two nights at the Budokan in Tokyo, literally about two weeks ago, so we're stock-piling all of this stuff, and eventually, when we get a little break, we'll make sense of it all, and we'll start feeding it out there. So you may get PRIEST at home in Birmingham, you might get PRIEST 'Re-Unleashed in the East' in Japan, which is a nice idea, because as you know, that is one of our famous releases ? 'Unleashed in the East'. We thought about this, because it was kind of an anniversary trip back to Japan, so we actually DVDed and we ProTooled recorded the whole show. So we're just amassing everything as we go along ? we'll probably do the same here in America ? and then we'll bring out little pieces, either a worldwide piece or a piece from one country, whatever, we're gonna mix it up and just keep all the stuff going for the PRIEST fans out there that can't get enough of this."

JUDAS PRIEST kicked off their North American with QUEENSR?CHE on May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to tour in support of "Angel of Retribution", their first album with singer Rob Halford in 15 years. "Angel of Retribution" was produced by Roy Z, who has previously worked on solo albums from Halford and IRON MAIDEN's Bruce Dickinson.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2005, 04:02:16 PM »

The Buffalo News recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford. Several excerpts from the chat follow:

On meeting Elizabeth II, the queen of England, on March 1 at Buckingham Palace at a royal reception recognizing British music and its contribution to the nation's culture and economy:

"She asked, 'Why is heavy metal so loud ?'

"I said, 'You have to have it loud to bang your head, Your Majesty.' "

"She sniffed at that.

"That was very surreal, going to Buckingham Palace. It was the first time the royal family ? The Firm, as it's called ? wanted to give a nod to the music industry in general. My mother was more excited about it than anyone else, but it was magical for me, too, because I'm a royalist. I love the royal family, for all its imperfections, but to actually meet the queen! That was a thrill and a memory I'll always cherish."

"It was a bizarre day. I flew out of Oulu, Finland, that morning ? it was about 37 degrees below zero ? and two hours later I was in Buckingham Palace talking to the queen. And the next morning, I flew back to Tampere in Finland and the next show."

On feeling late-blooming vindication by the band's current success:

"I think it's true to say there's been some respect afforded of late. And I think it's true to say that [heavy metal] has always been viewed as an underdog under the great umbrella of rock 'n' roll. Now certain aspects of it are being accommodated and given approval to, and JUDAS PRIEST is one band that's receiving that type of recognition."

On leaving the band:

"On the back of what we'd gone through in the Reno trial, and the extremely lengthy 'Painkiller' tour, which was a success but had a lot of physical and psychological things going on around it, what I should have done at the end of that tour is say, 'Guys, I'm going, you won't see me for a year.'"

On the band's reunion:

"At the time all of us were so connected with whatever work we were doing we didn't really have that much of a period of reflection to ponder the what-ifs and the whys and wherefores and shoulda-coulda-wouldas. But in the recent months, it's gone through my mind: What could we have done, what could we have achieved, in that decade that we were not in each other's company?"

"Of course, PRIEST was still going. PRIEST was still maintaining its point of view in metal. But the recognition of the band on this release ? on a global level ? says a lot about the need and the demand for the original lineup to get back in place and that the chemistry that happens in the writing between Glenn and Ken and myself is a vital spark to this band's popularity. It's no different than the STONES or AEROSMITH or AC/DC or KISS ? any of the career rock 'n' roll bands that need to be in the shape that they need to be in."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2005, 05:49:51 PM »

Great pictures, Thanks! beer

I'm going tomorrow night in West Palm, and I am bouncing off the walls in anticipation. It will be my first Priest concert as well as Queensryche, I'll try to get some pictures also.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2005, 12:22:06 PM »

Queensryche/Judas Priest  05/23/05 West Palm Beach

Queensryche: A good yet short 1 hour set by Queensryche. It was odd to see the "opening" act  have the entire venue singing along with every song, but this wasnt the typical style concert. Geoff Tate was in great voice, I would have decribed him as amazing if not for who came on after him. It appeared that Queensryche was trying to increase sales of the "Rage for Orders" album as it was the most represented album of the set. 1 new song was played from Operation Mindcrime 2 called "I'm An American". If this song is an indication of the whole album, than we should be in for a treat in January.

Judas Priest: I was always a casual fan of this band, but never quite understood what all the fuss was about. I get it now. Absolutely the greatest Heavy Metal band I've seen live (I have not seen Iron Maiden yet). I was always of the opinion that Halfords solo projects seemed "Heavier" or more "Intense" at least on the studio efforts, but Priest Live was an eye opening, and eardrum splitting, experience. From the opening notes of Hellion/Electric Eye to the end of the night 2 hours later, the crowd was on their feet screaming every lyric right back at Halford. Green Manalishi..... was a notable omission but I wasn't too upset since there was so much to choose from for a setlist.
This was not the typical reunion show as the new material was well represented and provided some of the most energetic performances of the night by the band: Judas Is Rising, Deal With The Devil, Revolution, and Hellrider mixed in just fine with Metal Gods, a beautiful acoustic version(mostly) of Diamonds and Rust, Hell Beant For Leather, Breaking the Law, Living After Midnight, You've Got Another Thing Comin', Painkiller, Turbo Lover, and a few others that I dont remember at the moment.
Rob Halford was brilliant and commanded your attention every second he was on stage. It was impressive to see the entire audience just go absolutely out of thier minds every time he walked back on to the stage.
Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a band, but if you are a fan of "Heavy Metal" this is a chance to see a truly legendary band still at the top of their game.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2005, 08:10:35 AM »

Jeff Kerby of KNAC.COM recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

KNAC.COM: How is PRIEST dealing with the increase in press and the amount of people interested in your personal lives? Is it more or less difficult to come to terms with at this stage of your career?

K.K. Downing: "Yeah, I think we'd be complaining a lot more if we had never achieved the success that we have. There is a price to pay for everything really, isn't there? Being away from family, friends and pets is difficult. I mean, I'm 53, and I've never been married or had kids or whatever, and I guess it is a sacrifice that I've made to do what I do. The other guys have said that they regret not being around to watch their kids grow up and all that. I can understand that. I guess I always figured it was like I could do this or do that, you know? My choice was to do this. [Laughs] Even at that, there are still family commitments with parents, brothers and sisters or whatever. I just haven't been in the same situation they have been in because I've been with a longterm girlfriend, so I know what I'm talking about ? that's some of my money too, dude! [Laughs]"

KNAC.COM: Are there bands of the day that you used to view as competition but that now you look over and just find comfort in the fact that they are still going at it and that you aren't alone?

K.K. Downing: "Yeah, I am very, very proud of bands like AC/DC, who have just gone out there and stayed together. They have just kept on doing what they do. We would have gone on carrying the flag and doing that if Rob [Halford] hadn't left for all those years. At least we're back now, and with PRIEST and CR?E back, there are things happening. The good thing about us is that I've gone on a couple of websites where people say, 'PRIEST went out and they played and it was just like it always is and nothing's changed.' If anything, I think we're a bit more energized now. Maybe it is the absence that has given us the exuberance to go out and prove how mighty the PRIEST still is, you know?"

KNAC.COM: What is it that you believe PRIEST and CR?E provide the audiences that newer acts aren't? The New York press or more mainstream publications always want to downgrade metal bands and use them as a punch line, but the success you guys have had seems to suggest that there's something going on ? what do you think that is?

K.K. Downing: "The first thing we had to do is go out and make an album like 'Angel of Retribution'. That is very important across the board whether PRIEST made that record or not. It was an album that needed to be made at this time. If an album can have that type of effect, it may change what people are doing right now. Maybe it will show the younger bands that it isn't always about having your head down and aggression and attitude. People want to hear a good mixture of memorable songs. They want to hear the variety and the flair of the musicianship from everybody in the band and that includes the rhythm section as well. Just create some music that we can sing along to and rock out to ? I think that's extremely important, and I think that's what's been missing for a long time."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: