Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:05:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Judas Priest Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judas Priest Thread  (Read 58204 times)
psycotron
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2005, 04:50:28 AM »

now these boys are idiots. i mean that backwards message prolly wasnt intentional. those kids might have imagined it. and just because it said do it doesnt mean it wants u to kill yourself. apparently there was S U I written somewhere on the album cover but that doesnt mean it stood for suicide it probably stood for something else. anyway there is alot of songs that are about suicide that are sung forwards for example metallica - fade to black and one and megadeth - in my darkest hour. those songs don't make people wanna kill themselves. its pretty interesting like when stairway to heaven is played backwards apparently there is a message about satan torturing people in a toolshed. and there is other songs that have these to. maybe people are just imagining this. ive never listened to these songs backwards. it makes u think maybe satan really does put these messages in. some songs actually purposly put in a backwards message like in a pink floyd song it says something like "youve found our secret message"  hihi
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2005, 05:08:13 AM »

C'mon, this story is 15 years old - do we really need a thread for it, besides we already have about 3 other Judas Priest threads kicking around.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
psycotron
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2005, 06:38:37 AM »

cmon guys don't u find that article slightly interesting at all? i was just wondering what other peeps thoughts are about backwards messages.
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2005, 09:25:26 PM »

I got my tickets for the May 30th show in cleveland kicking off the US tour!!

I cant wait its going to kick ass

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2005, 07:23:38 PM »

cmon guys don't u find that article slightly interesting at all? i was just wondering what other peeps thoughts are about backwards messages.

Ok I am well known for finding old threads , years old, and bring them back to life.  But even this topic is way to old to be brought back.  People discussed KISS in the 80's with backwords secret lyrics and wasn't it the song "Louie Louie" in the 1950's that said if you played the record slow you could hear a secret satanic message.   This topic is older then dirt. I think even Ozzy had a song that someone commited suicide over.  Let this beast of a topic go out to pasture.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2005, 07:25:22 PM »

June 4th in Detroit, I WILL BE THERE, anyone else?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2005, 07:54:29 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST will be the featured artists in this week's installment of "VH1 Classic In Concert", which airs on Friday, May 6 at 9:00 p.m. The hour-long program showcases live, full-concert performances from some of the greatest names in rock, pop and soul.

Launched in May 2000, VH1 Classic is a 24-hour network that presents music videos, concerts and music specials featuring classic rock, soul and pop artists from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Featured artists include THE BEATLES, THE STONES, TINA TURNER, LED ZEPPELIN, MARVIN GAYE, THE WHO, STEVIE WONDER, THE POLICE and many more.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2005, 11:30:20 PM »

This whole thread would be better placed under the Stained Class thread that yours truly created.  Cool
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2005, 09:59:27 AM »

Roy Z, a multi-talented musician and record producer who has worked with artists such as JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson and DOWNSET, recently stopped by the Ferrante's Power Equipment showroom to discuss his role as producer of the newly released PRIEST CD, "Angel of Retribution".

FPE: Roy, when you were tapped to be the producer for "Angel of Retribution", what was the first thing that went through your head?

Z: "I felt that now the game was on and it was time for me to get ready mentally and physically to complete the task at hand. I was ready to work and to be challenged. I grew up listening to PRIEST and am a huge fan of their music, so I was also extremely excited. I have worked previously with Rob Halford both as a producer and a guitarist so I was aware of what is was like to work with him, but I had not yet spent much time with the other band members."

FPE: Halford is one of the top singers the rock world has ever seen. What is it like recording such an amazing vocalist?

Z: "Rob Halford is an incredible talent. He takes his craft very seriously and he is truly passionate about what he does. He is also the loudest singer I have ever heard in my entire career. When he sings it rattles my bones. During the HALFORD tour, we once had a problem with the PA system during soundcheck. Rob sang two blistering songs without a microphone or PA while the band was playing at concert volume and his voice still cut through!"

FPE: "Angel of Retribution" sounds incredible when listened to on an iPod. What was the mixing process like?

Z: "When I mixed this record, for some songs, I would pan the tracks from an audience perspective. I imagined I was sitting in a concert hall dead center and 15 rows back watching the band. I also like panning of solos and other sound elements as a means to keep the music exciting and to juggle the listener's ear."

FPE: Where did you record "Angel of Retribution"?

Z: "We had a lot of fun making this record. We recorded in both L.A. and England at various studios and we used all types of gear, both modern and vintage. All the elements came together with ease."

FPE: If you will, please tell us a bit about certain songs such as "Loch Ness".

Z: "I heard 'Loch Ness' as a complete demo before we entered the studio. We added a few things and tweaked the arrangement but stayed very close to the demo. To me, that song's chorus is like a heavy-metal 'We Are the Champions' (QUEEN). It is full of triumphant and glorious melodies."

FPE: "Wheels of Fire"?

Z: "When we were recording 'Wheels of Fire', I pictured myself on a desert highway, riding a mean hog, with a beautiful redhead sitting on the seat behind me. It is a song about freedom."

FPE: "Revolution"?

Z: "The bass intro to 'Revolution' is actually from a cassette tape the band recorded back in the 1970s. We loaded the riff into ProTools and built the rest of the song around it. We went for a raw, modern '70s vibe. It is a wide-open rock and roll song."

FPE: "Demonizer"?

Z: "'Demonizer' is a like a heavy-metal vampire/demon fantasy movie. That is some good shit there."

FPE: "Eulogy"?

Z: "A lot of the great piano work on the CD is actually played by Glenn Tipton. 'Eulogy' is a good example. Whether on guitar or piano, Glenn has vibe and he plays straight from the heart."

FPE: Which previously released PRIEST album do you feel "Angel of Retribution" most compares to in vibe?

Z: "To me, the PRIEST I grew up with and love could be interpreted differently by another PRIEST fan so it is hard to say exactly. Bottom line to me is that it's all PRIEST!"

FPE: Now that you have completed the CD, what impressed you most about working with the members of JUDAS PRIEST?

Z: "I was impressed with how seasoned they are, how well they each play their instruments, and how aware they are of the world. JUDAS PRIEST does not fuck around. They are total pros. Both Glenn and KK are still hungry guitar players and one listen to their playing on this record is evidence of that. They challenge one another in a good way. It's tombstone, gunslinger shit, like a shoot-out at the JP corral! I am very fortunate and grateful to have worked with the band. I learned so much from working with them. They are gracious old souls."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »

JUDAS PRIEST have just kicked off their Japanese tour and the the first show of the tour ? which took place on Sunday, May 8 at Pacifico in Yokohama, Japan ? "went incredibly well," according to a post on the group's web site.JUDAS PRIEST will launch their North American May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Support at all dates will come from QUEENSR?CHE.

JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to tour in support of "Angel of Retribution", their first album with singer Rob Halford in 15 years. "Angel of Retribution" was produced by Roy Z, who has previously worked on solo albums from Halford and IRON MAIDEN's Bruce Dickinson. The set is bundled with a concert DVD shot in a bullring in Valencia, Spain.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2005, 03:17:42 AM »

New CD/DVD is really good. I am enjoying it as I type this.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2005, 08:03:16 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford recently spoke to the Canadian Press about the group's world tour in support of their latest CD, "Angel of Retribution".

"The passion is still there, probably even more so," Halford said. "We're just so thrilled to be back in each other's company and making metal again, and seeing that reaction. We're on full roar at the moment.

"The revolving door in rock 'n' roll is spinning faster than it ever was, spitting out and chewing up all of this great talent that really doesn't have a chance to develop," Halford added. "You're not seeing any of the great singers anymore; you're not seeing any of the great lead guitar players anymore. We're taking advantage of that because we're providing the quality that is sadly lacking in a lot of areas of popular music."

PRIEST's summer shows will end with their trademark roar of a different sort as Halford rides onto the stage atop a massive Harley Davidson motorcycle to sing the anthem "Hell Bent For Leather".

"I love the Harley; it's synonymous to PRIEST," he said. "A lot of people don't like Harleys because they're big and they're shiny and they're metal and they smell and they piss people off. That's just what JUDAS PRIEST is."

JUDAS PRIEST's U.S. tour will kick off May 30 in Cleveland, Ohio. Support at all dates will come from QUEENSR?CHE.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2005, 12:01:39 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST reportedly filmed their May 18 show at the Budokan in Tokyo, Japan for an upcoming full-length concert DVD. The band used three cameras and two large screens during the sold-out show, which was attended by 10,000 people. The group's setlist for the concert was as follows:

01. The Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Riding On The Wind
05. The Ripper
06. A Touch Of Evil
07. Judas Rising
08. Revolution
09. Hot Rockin'
10. Breaking The Law
11. I'm A Rocker
12. Diamonds And Rust
13. Worth Fighting For
14. Deal With The Devil
15. Beyond The Realms Of Death
16. Turbo Lover
17. Hellrider
18. Victim Of Changes
19. Exciter
20. Painkiller
Encore:
21. Hell Bent For Leather
22. Living After Midnight
23. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

JUDAS PRIEST will launch their North American May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Support at all dates will come from QUEENSR?CHE.

JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to tour in support of "Angel of Retribution", their first album with singer Rob Halford in 15 years. "Angel of Retribution" was produced by Roy Z, who has previously worked on solo albums from Halford and IRON MAIDEN's Bruce Dickinson. The set is bundled with a concert DVD shot in a bullring in Valencia, Spain.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

hell yes I can't wait for the dvd to be released.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has issued the following update:

"I have just flown back from Japan with the band where they played to really amazingly enthusiastic audiences throughout ? they blew the roof off at the last two shows at the Budokan in Tokyo!! Every show was fantastic!! We all had a really great time together and want to thank the Japanese fans for their loyalty and support!!

"We have just confirmed some dates in South America and Mexico and will be announcing them shortly!!

"We are working on a second leg in the U.S. and Canada and once finalised will announce the dates [on the official web site].

"We notice there are some comments being made about us cancelling shows (and of course, with that goes the usual spate of ridiculous rumours!!). I would like to put the record straight ? this is totally untrue. We have not cancelled any shows at all anywhere!! We were looking at the possibility (and I repeat possibility) of maybe being able to do a few more shows in Europe in the summer but due to various logistical reasons these never came together and we did not confirm any of them. If 'people' chose to take it upon themselves to announce dates when we are only at the enquiry stage ? when nothing is finalised ? them I'm afraid we cannot be held responsible for that!!!

"We will announce any dates once we finalise them ? until then don't believe it!!!! We are making our plans for the next year so be patient. Once we have more dates confirmed you will read about them [on the official web site]!!"

SLCPUNK
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2005, 04:56:32 AM »

hell yes I can't wait for the dvd to be released.

In the meantime dowload Lochness and Wheels of fire.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2005, 01:51:29 PM »

Lochness is so cheesy that it's great.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2005, 02:21:39 PM »

Don't get me wrong, the lyrics are stupid, but the guitar work is killer.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2005, 02:47:11 PM »

They should've - in my opinion- left Lochness off an otherwise great album.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2005, 03:49:02 PM »

They should've - in my opinion- left Lochness off an otherwise great album.

It?s hard to argue that ,but the song has grown on my so I?m glad it made the album.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: