Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:40:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Judas Priest Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judas Priest Thread  (Read 58213 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2005, 08:00:29 AM »

PRIEST reportedly performed in front of 7,000 people at the 12,000-capacity venue, with IN FLAMES as the opening act. The group's setlist for the show was as follows:

01. The Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Riding on the Wind
05. The Ripper
06. A Touch of Evil
07. Judas Rising
08. Revolution
09. Hot Rockin'
10. Breaking the Law
11. I'm a Rocker
12. Diamonds & Rust (acoustic)
13. Deal With the Devil
14. Beyond the Realms of Death
15. Turbo Lover
16. Exciter
17. Victim of Changes
18. Green Manalishi
19. Painkiller

Encore:

20. Hell Bent for Leather
21. Living after Midnight
22. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2005, 10:40:57 AM »

JUDAS PRIEST's "Angel of Retribution" has entered the Finnish album chart at position No. 6. In addition, the group's first studio album with singer Rob Halford in 14 years has debuted at position No. 4 on the Japanese national album chart.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2005, 06:19:23 AM »

What did everyone think of the new album? I thought it was good, again the lyrics let them down - but that's been a problem since the first album.

It didn't blow me away but its good head bangin' stuff.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2005, 12:30:23 PM »

I love the new album. But like Izzy, I think  the lyrics were a bit of a let down .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2005, 03:18:02 PM »

What did everyone think of the new album? I thought it was good, again the lyrics let them down - but that's been a problem since the first album.

It didn't blow me away but its good head bangin' stuff.
Well, what kind of lyrics would you like JP to write?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2005, 06:12:57 PM »

More chart positions have been revealed for the new JUDAS PRIEST album, "Angel of Retribution". The group's first studio album in 14 years to feature singer Rob Halford has entered the following national album charts:

Finland: #6
Germany: #4
Holland: #46
Ireland: #40
Japan: #4
Norway: #6
U.K.: #39

JUDAS PRIEST are on track to sell about 70,000 copies of their new album, "Angel of Retribution", in the U.S. in its first week of release to land in the Top 20 on The Billboard 200 chart. PRIEST are reportedly seeing significant sales from their releases in the DualDisc configuration, with some retailers reporting that the DualDisc is outselling the standard CD release.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2005, 08:53:37 PM »

According to Hits Daily Double, JUDAS PRIEST have sold approximately 58,500 copies of their new album, "Angel of Retribution", during its first week of release to debut at position No. 12 on next week's The Billboard 200 chart.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=33891

Nice to see a metal band do pretty good and crack the top twenty ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2005, 06:08:07 PM »

Kim Mulligan of Sirius Satellite Radio's "Hair Nation" reported a rumor on Monday (March 14) that DOKKEN was going to be joining the JUDAS PRIEST/QUEENSR?CHE U.S. tour this summer. Predictably, there has not yet been any official confirmation on the matter.

JUDAS PRIEST are expected to kick off their U.S. tour in late May/early June, immediately following their Japanese trek in support of their latest album, "Angel of Retribution".

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2005, 09:24:53 AM »

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to Telegraph.co.uk before the group's performance at Gothenburg, Sweden's town-centre enormo-dome, Scandinavium. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

On their teenage days on the emerging progressive rock scene:

Rob Halford: "We'd all go to the Mothers club in Erdington. I saw PINK FLOYD, ZEPPELIN, DEEP PURPLE, and a ton of other bands there. That was really where you got your inspiration. The feeling was, why should it all just happen in London?"

On creating their "leather-and-studs" image:

Rob Halford: "You looked at yourself before you went on stage. To make all this noise and create all this energy. You'd be in the leather and studs and chains and whips and handcuffs and everything else ? and that's metal! We definitely set the tone."
On being sued by the parents of two young fans who attempted suicide for allegedly including a a subliminal message in their song "Better by You, Better Than Me" encouraging their listeners to take their own lives:

Rob Halford: "We had to sit in this courtroom in Reno for six weeks. It was like Disneyworld. We had no idea what a subliminal message was ? it was just a combination of some weird guitar sounds, and the way I exhaled between lyrics. I had to sing 'Better by You, Better Than Me' in court, a cappella. I think that was when the judge thought, 'What am I doing here? No band goes out of its way to kill its fans."

On going public with his homosexuality:

Rob Halford: "I was at MTV in New York one day, and I said to the interviewer, 'Blahblahblah, speaking as a gay man,' and the guy dropped his clipboard. It was an un-premeditated moment. Twenty-four hours later, it was like a firestorm ? what's all this about?"

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2005, 10:17:18 AM »

Kim Mulligan of Sirius Satellite Radio's "Hair Nation" reported a rumor on Monday (March 14) that DOKKEN was going to be joining the JUDAS PRIEST/QUEENSR?CHE U.S. tour this summer.

Queensyche are still going?!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2005, 05:20:09 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST performed at the Carling Hammersmith Apollo on Wednesday (March 16) in London. The concert was the first date of the British tour to promote their new studio album, "Angel of Retribution"

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2005, 08:00:57 PM »

Saw them on Saturday - top notch, sounded spot on and had a great stage set, ramps galore - great to see some living legends in the flesh Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2005, 05:01:38 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has issued the following update via the band's official web site:

"Pease be a little bit patient and understand that the world is a very big place and trying to set up shows worldwide takes time!!!! We can't be everywhere all at once!!

"We haven't forgotten about Canada ? just as we haven't forgotten about all the other places like South America, Mexico, France, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand etc., etc!!! We are working on many other dates and will be announcing them just as soon as they are finalised - so please have a little bit of faith and trust us!! When we have some dates confirmed in Canada and everywhere else you will read them here!!"

JUDAS PRIEST have moved up the start date of their North American tour by a couple of days. The band will kick things off May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, rather than at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota, on June 1.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2005, 02:08:57 PM »

Saw them on Saturday - top notch, sounded spot on and had a great stage set, ramps galore - great to see some living legends in the flesh Smiley

Do you know the set list they played for you. I am going to see them in Detroit on JUne 4 and hoping they play Heading out to the Highway. Do you know if they played that?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2005, 03:52:34 PM »

They play it like 3rd last every night

EDIT: Sry dude i thaight it was that song but its Hell Bent For Leather i mean sry..Hope they play it for ya
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 06:42:01 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2005, 02:21:30 PM »

Queensyrche its a very good band, his lead singer Geoff Tate has a great voice, its begining has a few resembles of Juds Priest in the 80's so I think that a Tour with these two band will be great.  peace

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2005, 10:20:03 PM »

SLCPUNK
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2005, 09:32:09 PM »

Holy crap I wanna see these guys in concert!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2005, 03:03:34 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has issued the following update via the group's web site:

"We are being asked by many fans if they can 'buy passes to the meet-and-greets that will be held at the venues' during our U.S. tour. Please note we have not agreed to any general meet-and-greets at venues and nor have the venues!! This information is incorrect and is not coming from us!!

"The only meet-and-greets we are arranging are though bona fide radio station competitions or agreed promotional ones ? and you have to win the competition to be a part of them!! There are no passes for sale!!! If anyone buys one, then trust me, they will not be genuine and will not be valid for anything!!! We don't want anyone to be disappointed by thinking they have a pass to a JUDAS PRIEST meet-and-greet and then discover that they haven't!!!"

JUDAS PRIEST's North American tour will kick off May 30 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

psycotron
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2005, 04:39:35 AM »

i know this happened a long time ago but i just found out about it and i think its pretty funny. this came from wikipedia.org

In 1990, the band was involved in a civil action that alleged they were responsible for the suicide attempts in 1985 of two Nevada boys (James Vance and Ray Belknap). The plaintiffs alleged a subliminal message of "do it" had been included in the song "Better by You Better Than Me" (from the Stained Class album) which triggered the suicide attempt. The suit was eventually dismissed on its merits, as the band had pointed out that if you were to play any song backwards and tell someone there was a message, it'll sound as though there actually is. In a television interview, Judas Priest members commented that if they wanted to insert subliminal commands in their music, killing their fans would be counterproductive, and they would prefer to insert the command "Buy more of our records."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: