Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl now has a valid excuse to never release C.D.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl now has a valid excuse to never release C.D.  (Read 12580 times)
axelrod
« on: April 15, 2004, 11:34:08 AM »

Axl can keep sitting on his hands...watching butterflies in his backyard....whatever it is he does in his monastery....never taking any action or releasing C.D....and bandmembers can keep getting fed up with Axl and quitting...and Axl can keep using these "personnel changes"....and finding replacements...as the reason to keep putting the album on hold.  

Judging by the (disturbingly!) high number of people who actually blamed Bucket for the Rio cancellation...this type of excuse should keep Axl in the good graces of Here Today board members for years to come.  Nothing is ever Axl's fault to begin with....and how much more so is this true when a bandmember "quits" on poor Axl...throwing a wrench into his C.D. release machinery.

Here are some news flashes from the years to come:

2005 --  Finck quits GnR...tired of Axl not ever putting his money where his mouth is and releasing C.D.  Axl blames Finck in a press release...says that readjustments must now be made to the band and to C.D....and C.D. will be delayed again.  Consequently, "Fuck you, Finck!!" reverberates across the Here Today forum.  Forum members berate Finck as a talentless goth reject...claim his image never fit into GnR in the first place...and claim he had no loyalty to Axl and GnR...and that he only used GnR to promote his solo career.

2006 --  Tommy Stinson quits GnR....tired of Axl not ever putting his money where his mouth is and releasing C.D.  Axl blames Stinson in a press release...says that readjustments must now be made to the band and to C.D...and C.D. will be delayed, again.  Consequently, "Fuck you, Tommy" reverberates across the Here Today forum.  Forum members berate Tommy as a talentless has-been...claim that he had no loyalty to Axl or GnR...and that he used GnR to promote his solo career.

2008 --  ______ _______, Robin Finck's replacement in GnR, quits the band....tired of Axl not ever putting his money where his mouth is and releasing C.D.  Axl blames ______ _______ in a press release...says that readjustments must now be made to the band and to C.D...and C.D. will be delayed again.  In the press release...Axl says he "hopes" to announce the release date for C.D. "in a few months."  "Fuck you, _____ _______" reverberates across the Here Today forum.

2010 --

2011 --

2025 --  Axl Rose, of Guns N Roses fame...found dead at his mansion in Malibu....cause unknown...although it is alleged that Rose may have suffered heart failure as a result to get in shape for his follow-up to the aborted Guns N Roses tour of 2002.  Although he promised the album numerous times....Rose never succeeded in releasing Chinese Democracy....the long-awaited follow-up to the Use Your Illusion albums, released in the early 90s.  At Rose's request, his tombstone will be emblazoned with the following statement:

"At every turn, my hired bandmates hindered the release of Chinese Democracy.  How was I ever supposed to release this album when I had a bandmember up-and-quitting on me every several years?"

Rose's funeral will be held on Saturday, a small, private ceremony, attended mostly by family members and several old friends from the music industry.  At Rose's request...none of his former bandmates shall be allowed to attend the ceremony.

Interscope has plans to locate the master copies of the songs that were to appear on Chinese Democracy.  Axl has heavily guarded these recordings...their location is a mystery....although they are rumored to be located in a vault in Eastern Europe or Russia.  Once the songs are located....Interscope plans to release the album to the public, although "soon" isn't the word.

Fans interested in following the Chinese Democracy saga are advised to stay tuned to gnronline.com...which is promising to have announcements and developments on the story....coming soon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 11:40:27 AM by axelrod » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 11:40:27 AM »

First of all if you readed axl's statement properly you actualy would have read that he takes part of the blame too you stupid fuck. And for the rest of your post I'm not even gonna read it.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:40:48 AM »

did you write all that?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 11:40:58 AM »

someone's got wayyy to much time on thier hands. ill give u some help though..see that little "x" on the top right? click it

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
axelrod
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:41:34 AM »

And for the rest of your post I'm not even gonna read it.

What can I say?  I'm crushed.  
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 11:45:04 AM »

What a joke, you think Axl cares about having excuses not to release the album? He'll release it when he wants excuses or no excuses.

I'm also sure that Axl has spent all this time in the studio, made a new band, toured, played some new songs, and told us about the album so he can then not release it.

Makes perfect sense like your whole post.

@#$%Muther
Immortal-Cry
Banned
Headliner

W.A.R. is my answer!

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 11:47:04 AM »

Axl needs no valid excuse to never release CD. I thought you've learned that over the past years.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, I DO!  
axelrod
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 12:18:44 PM »

Wow....you're all a pretty humorless bunch, aren't ya?  Although there is a certain comedic value in watching you get so bent out of shape over something like this....

It must take a strong resolve for you to remain so anal after so many delays and disappointments.  Relax...quit taking this band so seriously....you might start actually enjoying yourselves.  Fan boards were never intended to be so belligerent and defensive.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 12:31:38 PM by axelrod » Logged
Crowebar
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 12:52:48 PM »

Nice synopsis axeldickrod. confused no

I will now do my official and sworn duty, to solemnly [puke] all over your face and also on your dumbass fantasy post.

[bow] Thank You, Come Again. [bow]
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 12:53:39 PM »

It was really funny  hihi I remember when I said in a topic some of you bashed Slash that Axl and the Axl-my-god fans will hate and bash Buckethead and the others when they'll leave. They said it'll never happen, Buckethead won't leave GN'R, he's not an asshol like Slash. Well, it happened, and now he is an asshole for you. Same will happen with Finck and the others. Sad

Wake up.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 01:51:56 PM »

Wow....you're all a pretty humorless bunch, aren't ya?  Although there is a certain comedic value in watching you get so bent out of shape over something like this....

It must take a strong resolve for you to remain so anal after so many delays and disappointments.  Relax...quit taking this band so seriously....you might start actually enjoying yourselves.  Fan boards were never intended to be so belligerent and defensive.

Just so I can feel like I fit in, I'll start with this: Muthur fukr!@ U ond tha oter h8rs can eet shet nd die! Evry1 nos cd wil be out in tha somer!!!!! Axel sed in tha pres relees hell announs a relese dait suun!

With that out of the way, I want to say I laughed my ass off when I read your post. Sounds like "Groundhog Day" and perfectly sums up where I think this band is headed. Immortal-Cry exposed the major weakness in your forecast, though, by pointing out that Axl has regressed to a level at which he usually doesn't even bother with excuses any more.

I'm not surprised, however, to see the drooling imbeciles react with such hostility. The attitude accepted by the throng here (not to disrespect all the intelligent, articulate posters -- you know who you are -- whose high-quality posts make enduring the morons worthwhile) is a mindless, violent defensiveness of Axl Rose and everything he does. How is it possible to maintain a healthy interest in this band without having some semblance of a sense of humor?
AxlsPiano
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Return

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 02:53:17 PM »

I thought it was really funny.  peace
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 03:00:48 PM »

Yeah i found it funny actually.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 03:03:07 PM »

Well i found it funny

Quick! To the bandwagon!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 03:11:57 PM »

C'mon.  I disagree with the idea behind the post, but it's funny and well put-together!  It's cool to have somebody put some effort into something to share, whether you think the viewpoint is true or not.

As far as calling the guy a dick and a stupid fuck for saying something you don't like, what is this, mygnr.com? Grin

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Chunkie
Headliner

Here Today... DEAD Tomorow

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 03:37:27 PM »

Axlrod i think u have too much spare time, how long did it take to come up with all that stuff? And now for everyone else who thought this was funny... He says axl's dying.. are u laughing on his dead? man thats lame. your just like all others who thinks bad of Gn'R Sad

God damn Slash The Man
axelrod
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2004, 04:22:10 PM »

Oh, it seems I forgot one more newsflash from the future:

2004 --  Buckethead quits GnR...tired of Axl not ever putting his money where his mouth is and releasing C.D.  Axl blames Buckethead in a press release...says that readjustments must now be made to the band and to C.D....and C.D. will be delayed, again.  

Consequently, "Fuck you, Buckethead!!" reverberates across the Here Today forum.  Forum members berate Buckethead's juvenile, weirdo persona and stage antics...claim his image never fit into GnR in the first place...claim he butchered Slash's solos and endlessly noodled away on guitar during concerts...claim he had no loyalty to Axl and GnR...and claim that he only used GnR to promote his solo career.  Buckethead, a true asshole among assholes.

So yeah, as we can all see....my whole post was completely groundless and without any basis in reality.  It's absolutely ABSURD to insinuate that the fans here would react this way towards any band member who quit GnR.   Roll Eyes

And goddamn....Buckethead was literally THE DARLING of this forum a scant three months ago....second only in popularity to the redhaired one.  I'd hate to see what would happen to any of the other members if they were to quit GnR....would there be threads calling for a lynching....petitions to email the ex-bandmember and issue death threats?  

If anyone here is defensive over this post....its because the post reveals the superficial and hypocritical "support" that some of you have for the musicians in Axl's band.  Your whole approach to this band is (sadly and unfortunately) based on a blind, irrational allegiance to everything that Axl says or does.  

You can call that being a "true" Gnr fan....or not being a "hater"...but in reality, it only proves that you have no objectivity whatsoever when it comes to GnR...and that your GnR "fan-dom" amounts to little more than an Axl worshipping cult.  If thats what being a "true" GnR fan amounts to...then I'll gladly accept your "h8ter" label any day of the week.

I don't hate Axl....I don't want to see him fail....thats just a bullshit accusation you sling at the fans around here who can face reality when it comes to GnR.  I just want this album...and I think its time for Axl to shit or get off the pot....his backpedaling and delaying antics have become beyond ridiculous...and at this point, to mindlessly and rabidly defend his excuses and explanations seems 10x more crazy than Axl's actions themselves.

I'm glad to see that SOME of you can take a joke around here.  And for the record....I DO believe that we may actually see this album before Axl dies.  In the meantime...I'm just gonna have fun with things...because poking fun at Axl and GnR is really the ONLY pleasure and and form of release for our frustrations that is currently available to us as longsuffering GnR fans.  

Yours Truly,

Axeldickrod, The Stupid Fuck   peace
nevermore
Headliner

Verg I Veum / Varg I Veum

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 04:30:59 PM »

axelrod.. you're one frustrated, bored guy.. exaclty the sorta posts i've been having to read (not really...) for the last last n years ... a bit to bored for a reply.. in the words of the genius JLH ,,Chill out!" .. you're so called reasons are just waste of everybody's time.. CD will be out and it will be great.. that to say the least .. if that doesn't suit u the pop hit factory is opened 24/7

WECOMEFROMTHELANDOFTHEICEANDSNOW/From the midnight sun,where the hot springs blow/The hammer of the gods/Will drive their ships to new lands/To fight the horde, singing and crying:/ WALHALLA IM coming
axelrod
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 04:32:10 PM »

Axlrod i think u have too much spare time, how long did it take to come up with all that stuff?

Oh, about 20-25 minutes or so...but since I was just having a bit of fun, I wasn't really keeping count.  But still...thats alot less time invested than some of the epic-length, reality-defying, Axl-defense-manifestos I've seen around here....a la younggunner, insupportofaxl, or davegnfnr2k.  

So you're saying its okay to use your spare time to create book-length, delusional defenses of Axl on here...but not ok to use your spare time to create a tongue-in-cheek, verbal slap-in-the-face to the fans here who live and breathe unreality?  Very "interesting" opinion you have there.  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 04:55:30 PM by axelrod » Logged
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 04:57:34 PM »

Axlrod i think u have too much spare time, how long did it take to come up with all that stuff?

Oh, about 20-25 minutes or so...but since I was just having a bit of fun, I wasn't really keeping count.  But still...thats alot less time invested than some of the epic-length, reality-defying, Axl-defense-manifestos I've seen around here....a la younggunner, insupportofaxl, or davegnfnr2k.  

So you're saying its okay to use your spare time to create book-length, delusional defenses of Axl on here...but not ok to use your spare time to create a tongue-in-cheek, verbal slap-in-the-face to the fans here who live and breathe unreality?  Very "interesting" opinion you have there.  

You?re wasting your time, my friend. You accurately pointed out in a previous post how cult-like the mob here is in its attitude toward Axl. You can?t rationalize with a member of a cult because, by definition, these poor, lost souls have accepted the leader?s version of reality and are too wrapped up in it to consider any other possibilities. Cult members always have family members and former friends (read: people who live in the real world) begging them to wake up and see how misguided they are. It doesn?t work. Don?t bother.

I say go ahead and post as you will. You?re making me and, ostensibly, a few others here have a good laugh. Just don?t expect anything you post, no matter how well-founded and well-intended it may be, to convert or even sway the faith of these slobbering dopes.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: