Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl?s treatment of fans in the past
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl?s treatment of fans in the past  (Read 8741 times)
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« on: April 05, 2004, 06:58:35 PM »

I?ve just read Mark Putterford?s Over The Top The True Story of Guns N? Roses and I must say I was shocked of reading the way Axl treated his fans. In particularly on page 106 it says:

"A senior (who?) music business figure told the author ... I can remember an occasion when a young fan of the band managed to smuggle himself into a party they were throwing. When Axl found out he had two of his minders drag the poor kid outside and hold him down while he kicked the shit out of him. That?s typical of how they (GNR) treat people. They don?t give a shit."

This makes the present discussion whether Axl treats his fans good or badly sounding like a tragical joke. I?ve never heard Rose apologize for this disgusting behaviour during the resent years and in that light I don?t find it any surprise that he hasn?t even bothered to tell his many faithful fans about the delay of the new cd up till now where Buckethead seems to be a "perfect" scapegoat. There will be no Chinese Democracy ever - trust me - but I am sure that we will all hear the pieces after 2010 when no one fucking cares ! Sad but true. Angry  
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 07:06:48 PM »

I?ve just read Mark Putterford?s Over The Top The True Story of Guns N? Roses and I must say I was shocked of reading the way Axl treated his fans. In particularly on page 106 it says:

"A senior (who?) music business figure told the author ... I can remember an occasion when a young fan of the band managed to smuggle himself into a party they were throwing. When Axl found out he had two of his minders drag the poor kid outside and hold him down while he kicked the shit out of him. That?s typical of how they (GNR) treat people. They don?t give a shit."

I think this is absolute bullshit..axl wouldnt kick a kid..this is a huge lie..and if he did hed face a lawsuit

Bullshit i say hihi

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 07:12:09 PM »

I haven't read that book, but I view anonymous quotes like that with suspicion.  Certainly, Axl isn't known for his empathy, but I don't believe he does it on purpose or with intentional malice.  
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 07:43:23 PM »

i read that book somewhat recently and the author definitely demonstrates a bias toward Axl, and on the negative side.
Question: when, during the Illusions tours, did they do the "making fucking videos" for DC, NV and Est...? Because the author contends that by the second leg of the illusions tour, the band was pretty much disintegrating (as a result of Axl's chronic lateness and overall "issues"), but when i rewatched the making of (at least DC), they all looked like they were really jelling... so, does anyone know when the videos corresponded with the tour?
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 08:03:24 PM »

Quote from: Rainbow Warrior \ There will be no [i
Chinese Democracy[/i] ever - trust me

Oh  really? Thanks for filling us in on the truth.
We've been waiting for an official word now for years...looks like we finally got it from you.
 I guess Jarmo can shut the board down now.
 hihi
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 08:07:30 PM by Lesty » Logged
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 10:18:23 PM »

All I am going to say is that I hope that William Hung......the she bangs dude from American Idol is a GNR fan and Axl does indeed beat the shit out of him yes

What is this world coming to?  How in the fuck did HE get a record album? nervous

On topic........I doubt Axl Rose would beat up a fan.........but who knows........he's human like you and me and I am sure people piss him off as they do you and I.

I only see Axl starting something if he is provoked.  

Dizzy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 10:29:40 PM »

I doubt Axl Rose would beat up a fan..

You mean like he didn't attack and maul that fan in the infamous St Louis incident?   Tongue
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 11:38:53 PM »

You mean like he didn't attack and maul that fan in the infamous St Louis incident?   Tongue

I think I heard that Axl looked into the audience and saw this fan beating his girlfriend.  That is why Axl jumped off stage and beat him up.

I forget where I heard this.  I could be wrong but oh well.  

Axl just strikes me as the guy who is really nice......but has his limits with people. smoking  

« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 11:39:57 PM by insupportofaxl » Logged
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 01:56:27 AM »

I think I heard that Axl looked into the audience and saw this fan beating his girlfriend.  That is why Axl jumped off stage and beat him up.

No, what happened was Axl caught somebody videotaping him from the audience and security wouldn't apprehend the guy, so he jumped in the crowd, punched him in the face, and stormed off stage, starting a riot.

As for Axl being a nice guy....

"Throwing folding chairs at fans off a hotel balcony... that's just being mean."
-Henry Rollins, on Axl
estranged.1098
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 02:41:18 AM »

No, what happened was Axl caught somebody videotaping him from the audience and security wouldn't apprehend the guy, so he jumped in the crowd, punched him in the face, and stormed off stage, starting a riot.

As for Axl being a nice guy....

"Throwing folding chairs at fans off a hotel balcony... that's just being mean."
-Henry Rollins, on Axl

There's more to the St. Luis incident. Apparently Axl told the security about the guy and they didn't do anything, because that person was from a local gang and had some deal with the security to tape the show. So Axl was pissed off and jumped on the guy and then left the place claiming security problems, being supported by the band in doing so.

"As for Axl being a nice guy" none of us can really tell, because no one here lives with him.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 05:35:36 AM »

It's not all bad stuff:

June 13th, 1992 - Brian May joins GN'R at Wembley Stadium in front of 72,000 people to perform Queen's "Tie Your Mother Down" and "We Will Rock You".
This show is regarded as the hottest show on the tour so far. During the show Axl has one trouble-making drunken fan removed from the crowd. Later he stops the show so that security can help a young girl, who he spots in distress at the front of the crowd.

---

Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 05:38:42 AM »

With this band a lot of shit turns out to be rumours, so i will say that if it's true axl= a real cockhead

If it's false=Writers and magazine journalists should shut the fuck up about axl

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 06:16:14 AM »

How about on Live Era (the song eludes me) where Axl stops the show and has the house lights all turned on, and asks the entire crowd to take a step back because the people up front are getting crushed???

Thats a real dickhead thing to do to your fans, isnt it?
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 07:18:47 AM »

Everyone has behaved badly in their lives (even Henry Rollins). Am I excusing it, no, but at the same time I don’t want to judge it (playing judge and jury is a waste of “my fucking” time.  When Axl does do mean things, then fine, it’ll come back to him (I think 2002 was proof of that-LOL), and once in a while, (all of us) let go of our egos, realize the world is not revolving around us, that we’re not “special, and actually extend kindness to our friends, family, strangers, with no attachment to the outcome…just because.  Grin
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 08:29:09 AM »

It's not all bad stuff:

June 13th, 1992 - Brian May joins GN'R at Wembley Stadium in front of 72,000 people to perform Queen's "Tie Your Mother Down" and "We Will Rock You".
This show is regarded as the hottest show on the tour so far. During the show Axl has one trouble-making drunken fan removed from the crowd. Later he stops the show so that security can help a young girl, who he spots in distress at the front of the crowd.

---

Grin

/jarmo

Yeah like Jarmo said. It's not all bad:

06.05.91 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH
opening act: Skid Row
set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, 14 Years, You Could Be Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Slash had to pay $1000 for opening the show with 'Nightrain.' Axl mentions how he feels great and recounts a story of him smoking opium on an airplane with Sebastian Bach. Axl says that without the music of Nine Inch Nails he would have overdosed on drugs and died. 'Knockin' On Heavens Door' is dedicated to a Cleveland fan who died and was buried with a GN'R t-shirt on. Axl asks the people in the front row how much they paid for their tickets, to which they reply $125. Then he goes off on ticket scalpers.

06.19.91 - Capitol Centre, Landover, MD
opening act: Skid Row
set: Pretty Tied Up, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Perfect Crime, Civil War, Live And Let Die, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door
audio/video recording?: video, audio
notes: Axl rants on fans who just want to hear AFD and not the new songs. Once again Axl goes off on Geffen for wanting the record to come out too early. Towards the end of 'Civil War,' Axl jumps into the crowd to stop a security guard from beating up a fan. The show is ended early because of a local curfew.

Thanx to:gnrontour

yes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 09:02:18 AM »

Thats an outrageous lie, if there was a gleam of truth to it Axl would be behind bars.

The author needs to check his sources more carefully...

Axl is no angel but he's not the psychotic monster the media loves to present. Daft little anecodotes sell magasines, ignore them.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 09:07:09 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2004, 09:19:31 AM »

who knows..as Axl being a huge mind fuck I think that there lives two different persons in Axl, good and
bad..now and then the "bad" gets over him and he do bad things, like treating fans like shit etc. That doesn't surprise me at all. It doesn't surprise me that both of ex-wives have sued Axl for beating them.  for examble Erin has told that Axl tore her nibble ring off.  Smiley I know I shouldn't smile but then again..true or not. We don't know.  
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2004, 09:27:18 AM »

Thats an outrageous lie, if there was a gleam of truth to it Axl would be behind bars.

you can't be that naive...oh comon..behind the bars..yeah right. Where's the evidence for the poor kid and like he had the balls to go to the police station and say that "Big bad Axl gave me a few punches 'cause of I smuggled to their party..now, go and rest him!!" yeah right...I guess the poor kid ran away for licking clean his wounds.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 09:30:15 AM by John Daniels » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2004, 12:29:56 PM »

Axl told the security about the guy and they didn't do anything, because that person was from a local gang and had some deal with the security to tape the show. So Axl was pissed off and jumped on the guy and then left the place claiming security problems, being supported by the band in doing so.
Axl has one trouble-making drunken fan removed from the crowd. Later he stops the show so that security can help a young girl, who he spots in distress at the front of the crowd.
He goes off on ticket scalpers.
Axl jumps into the crowd to stop a security guard from beating up a fan.
Axl stops the show and has the house lights all turned on, and asks the entire crowd to take a step back because the people up front are getting crushed.

Wow!  :oGood to know, obviously he had treated fans better than security people or ticket touts and those gangs come with the music business.
We can see where all the negative stories come from, can?t we? Angry

As for Axl being a nice guy
According to a reliable source, ?Nice Guy!? is Buckethead. BH is not AXL, thus he is no ?NG!?----any holes?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 12:40:25 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2004, 12:40:25 PM »

It's not all bad stuff:

---

Grin

/jarmo

I wonder why there is no footage of the wembley shows? That would be kickass

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: