Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans  (Read 52406 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2004, 01:09:53 PM »

Keep it up youtwo and I'll get to ban people today!  Tongue

Go read the fucking rules. Study them closely.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
speed_stone
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2004, 01:09:53 PM »

oh my god.
K-Rock
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2004, 01:12:50 PM »

You guys are funny getting all upset over god almighty Axl breaking his silence with a "why this all isn't my fault too little too late" letter.

Well shit now we all know that it is Bucket's fault why there hasn't been a new material record in 13 years now.  

Try making your point without the "assholes" & "asswipes" (hehe that one is funny.....does that mean that you are calling the intended recipient a "piece of toilet paper")

Slash & co. got together last year and WOW.....a release date for new material.  
speed_stone
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2004, 01:19:07 PM »

well, i was doing fine until he dragged me down to his ridicilous level, even though i was just being sarcastic.
"the oh my god" was not for you, jarmo, it was me expressing shock and disbelief that a grown man really can't do better than "bedtime, little boy". fucking hilarious. not to mention ridicilous. i'm out
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 01:20:19 PM by MC_Stone » Logged
Sun King
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2004, 01:23:08 PM »

well, i was doing fine until he dragged me down to his ridicilous level, even though i was just being sarcastic.
"the oh my god" was not for you, jarmo, it was me expressing shock and disbelief that a grown man really can't do better than "bedtime, little boy". fucking hilarious. not to mention ridicilous. i'm out

Get over it....move on with your life
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2004, 01:23:32 PM »

the statment is sad. I think axl knows that the tide of public opinion is rising against him.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2004, 01:29:55 PM »

Too little, too late.

Fuck you, Buckethead.

Fuck you, Axl.

When's the reunion tour?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
speed_stone
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2004, 01:33:56 PM »

Get over it....move on with your life

one last pathetic attempt to make me look bad?
fine, i'll let you have that one. little boy.
i had moved on before you posted that bullshit. now shut up.
Death Cube K
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2004, 01:34:44 PM »

I think axl knows that the tide of public opinion is rising against him.

By looking at the Greatest Hits sales, I'd say (and Im surprised) that it's not too late.

Reunion?

Why do people keep talking about this in times like these?

That's just plain scary.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2004, 01:41:11 PM »

Can any of you say......................

SCAPEGOAT !

lmao! its all bucket heads fault now, lol !

next it will be the fans fault for having bootlegs !

after that it will be something like a law suit from geffen against the axl rose band for not having any finished material in 20 years of funding CD.

Next day axl found in hotel room cobain style.

End of reunion hopes.
End of story.
They release all of axls unfinished songs on an " axl rose compilation " 5 years later, and you all wonder what planet axl was on for the last 20 years because its all crap.

Nice one axl ! ok

-------and time goes by-------
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2004, 01:47:33 PM »

Guns N' Roses Bow Out Of Rock In Rio - Lisbon; Axl Blames Buckethead
03.30.2004 1:05 PM EST  

Much to the surprise of, well, no one, Guns N' Roses have nixed their May 30 appearance at Rock in Rio - Lisbon.   In an official statement, singer Axl Rose blamed the cancellation on former guitarist Buckethead, who quit the band earlier this year (see "Buckethead's Hand Puppet Says Goodbye To Guns N' Roses").

"The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure," Rose said. "I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock in Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time."

Rose, who failed to show up at two of the band's gigs last year, forcing the cancellation of the remainder of the tour (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off"), called Buckethead unreliable, and claimed he was largely responsible for the band's inability to proceed with its decade-in-the-making album, Chinese Democracy.

"During his tenure with the band, Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment ? despite being under contract ? creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence," Rose said. "His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever."

Buckethead quit Guns N' Roses several times during his four years with the group, but he repeatedly returned. It got to the point, claims Rose, where the band wasn't even entirely sure when the puppet-toting guitarist was in and when he was out.

"In February, we got word from [drummer] Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns," Rose said. "According to Bucket, he had been gone, but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio - Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month, things changed once again."

Not only was Buckethead flaky, Rose claims, he was also underhanded ? at least, that's what other people told him. "According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead, it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records, which I encouraged my management to make available to him," Rose began. "[Then he was going to] quit GN'R and use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts."

Despite the harsh tone of his statement, Rose seems to have left the door open for Buckethead to again return to the GN'R fold. "We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to discussions, as there are obviously several issues to resolve."

Even if Buckethead's gone for good, Rose insists the guitarist's decision to bolt has sparked a creative burst from the band, and added that a release date for Chinese Democracy will be announced "within the next few months."

"Rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details), this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further," Rose said.

Neither Buckethead nor his hand puppet were available for comment at press time.

For more on Buckethead, check out "Beneath The Bucket, Behind The Mask: Kurt Loder Meets GN'R's Buckethead."

?Jon Wiederhorn

MTV.com

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2004, 01:48:48 PM »

I'm only suprised that he wrote a letter.

I'm not suprised that he is blaming BH and not suprised that he isn't showing.

Don't get all mad at BH. If he did break contract he did so for a reason. I'd assume because Axl has been playing grabass and not releasing CD.

Besides there are two sides to the story and then there is the truth. And we'll probably never know any of them anyway.
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2004, 01:53:21 PM »

i wonder how some of you would react if that was, say, your brother doing this. first you beg him for years to come on a holiday with you, you haven't seen each other in years, and blah. you agree on a date, you arrange hotel, plane, save money, take some days off, make plans, and the very moment you have paid all your credit card bills he says "dude, my wife's broke a leg so no one could take the garbage out while i was gone, sorry, i won't come".

hey might be all true, might be that it's not his fault the stupid wife fell down the stairs - but maybe he made a promise. in case of axl, he even seems to have a contract. and isn't he the guy who likes to rely on that shit? fuck the "we've been 15 guitarists for half a year now, now we're missing one so we won't come". fuck, axl could stand there by himself singing "my bonnie is over the ocean" and have someone's grandma dancing hare krishna around him, people would love it.

axl, no matter who's been letting whom down, that's life (and god knows your fans have been getting used to *that* aspect of it). get your shit together - "if you got a job to do, you got to do it well - gotta give velvet revolver hell".

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Death Cube K
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2004, 01:53:48 PM »

Buckethead quit Guns N' Roses several times during his four years with the group, but he repeatedly returned. It got to the point, claims Rose, where the band wasn't even entirely sure when the puppet-toting guitarist was in and when he was out.

A few weeks ago I said something like "I dont think Bucket himself knows if he's in or out of GNR", or something along those lines. It's there..go check it.

I hate being so right..
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2004, 02:03:49 PM »

Guns N' Roses Bow Out Of Rock In Rio - Lisbon; Axl Blames Buckethead
03.30.2004 1:05 PM EST  

Neither Buckethead nor his hand puppet were available for comment at press time.

hihi rofl

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2004, 02:05:38 PM »

Last night I made a post stating how the band never handles anything professionally, but this time they proved me wrong and handled it the proper way so Axl does deserve credit for at least that much. I'm not going to get in a debate about the rest but as usual I agree with Booker Floyd.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2004, 02:08:23 PM »

If you were SERIOUS about performing..the show would still go one. No matter what. You'd go with two guys, or go with a sub. Don't tell me that Axl couldn't conjure up somebody for that show. He could in a NY minute, for damn sure.

He could have said "OK BH is gone for now and we are going to go out there and rock like we've never rocked before. With or without him". He could have given it his all, minus BH, and still have been brilliant.

But nope. He wrote a letter and said that he could not do it because BH was the bad guy and left him hanging. He's an excuse maker, straight up.

I also think he wrote the letter because he didn't want to burn the RIR bridge. It's something he actually gave a shit about. So he had to keep in good graces with them.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2004, 02:09:37 PM »

A few weeks ago I said something like "I dont think Bucket himself knows if he's in or out of GNR", or something along those lines. It's there..go check it.

I hate being so right..

I can't believe you wrote a post to tell everybody that you were right.  Tongue hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2004, 02:19:51 PM »

He could have said "OK BH is gone for now and we are going to go out there and rock like we've never rocked before. With or without him". He could have given it his all, minus BH, and still have been brilliant.

True, but we don't know everything. Maybe Axl felt Buckethead was a big part of the band and not replaced just like that? Maybe he didn't want to play in the first place because the record isn't out? Who knows?

/jarmo

Evolution
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2004, 02:35:24 PM »

oh dear...at least axl himself says cd is on its way! Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: