Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans  (Read 52438 times)
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2004, 10:37:40 AM »

I don't see how you can blame Buckethead. After Philadelphia, we all thought the entire line up would leave after that fiasco.

bucket has always been a weird guy. I think there was a lack of communication between axl and everyone else.

I don't blame him for leaving, but why now? And why does Axl get bashed every time no matter what?

"I think there was a lack of communication between axl and everyone else." What do you base that on? Why do people insist on blind guesses?

@#$%Muther

and why do you only put faith in Axl's words?
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2004, 10:40:25 AM »

I don't see how you can blame Buckethead.

Buckethead cried and left the band coz he said the band wasnt doing anything or some shitty excuse..

Axl would have shown up at RIR if he had his entire band ..

Seems the only one who made sure on this case that they didnt move forward is Brian "2 face" Carroll.

brian 2 face caroll?HuhHuh? rofl
you are a funny motherfucker
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2004, 10:41:50 AM »

Is there a such thing as Buckethead's words Huh   hihi

I think Axl's only got a handpuppet to fear in this accusation.
speed_stone
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2004, 10:43:02 AM »

Two questions:

1.  Where is that speed_stone guy?  I wanted to ask him if this is the part where I eat my words.  hihi

2.  Ger, Dizzy must have mentioned this to you (if of course you are actually related to him) at your dinner last Friday.  Seems like a pretty big piece of information.  Where were these details on Saturday?

BTW...this band is so completely predictable that they have become the antithesis of rock and roll.  What a shame.

-TyRod

here i am. i just changed my name.
i was talking about the day when guns are actually on stage again, and when "chinese democracy" comes out. THEN you'll eat your words.

but, am i the only one here who is actually happy that we finally heard something official about the band, and that axl rose himself actually wrote his fans a letter??
sure this this whole thing is sad, but it's not the end of the world. keep faith, my fellow gunners. it will eventually pay off.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2004, 10:46:05 AM »

I'm going on what we have at the moment. I'm not saying Axl should have no blame for anything. He's fucked up plenty. I missed cancelled shows, I was pissed off.

The only facts we know are Buckethead has left, and Axl says that's the reason there will be no concert. It makes sense, it's simple.

However, if Buckethead (who I've always liked) comes out with something contrary to that, I will have as much belief in his version, and have to re-assess.

I'm just saying you've gotta go with what you see. Someone once said that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Thie simplest one is the only one we have so far.

@#$%Muther
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2004, 10:50:34 AM »

However, if Buckethead (who I've always liked) comes out with something contrary to that, I will have as much belief in his version, and have to re-assess.

Again, Buckethead doesn't come out with things! He's a mute.  He will not defend himself.   And no one's gonna listen to his handpuppet.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2004, 10:53:39 AM »

Again, Buckethead doesn't come out with things! He's a mute.  He will not defend himself.   And no one's gonna listen to his handpuppet.

i would listen to hErbie...but i am afraid he won't talk
kockstar99
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2004, 10:53:49 AM »

Good points Funker...

Its not good news,  Its not bad news... Its news.. which is all i wanted....

Remember all week i cried and posted shit like
"Does this band still have a fucking guitarist?"

Well now we know... and we know where the band is at..

I guess its up to everyone to decide now if your still onboard with this new project or not...

Id like to hear Brian Carrolls side of this but at least there is some news.... its better than a no show 1 hour before the show starts
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2004, 10:55:27 AM »

Good points Funker...

Its not good news,  Its not bad news... Its news.. which is all i wanted....

Remember all week i cried and posted shit like
"Does this band still have a fucking guitarist?"

Well now we know... and we know where the band is at..

I guess its up to everyone to decide now if your still onboard with this new project or not...

Id like to hear Brian Carrolls side of this but at least there is some news.... its better than a no show 1 hour before the show starts

it is great how you keep refering to Bh as brian Caroll. i like that shit...
kockstar99
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2004, 10:58:32 AM »

it is great how you keep refering to Bh as brian Caroll. i like that shit...

haha coz Buckethead was the guns n roses guitar player..

now hes just plain old greedy, self serving, self promoting, Brian Carroll..

Ill never refer to him as buckethead again... hihi
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2004, 11:00:40 AM »

Its very creepy how irrational youre being as a result of all this...Very creepy. confused
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2004, 11:03:03 AM »

Its very creepy how irrational youre being as a result of all this...Very creepy. confused

yes, but also very funny rofl
kockstar99
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2004, 11:03:14 AM »

its for fun... i dont really care... if u can get a smile out of my posts and get my points thats it....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2004, 11:08:15 AM »

I'm really happy Axl has given a letter of apology, he hasn't hiddden away or just cancelled he has given an explanation of why it was cancelled and i still have faith and look forward to an announcement in the next few months.
GNRR2003
Headliner

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2004, 11:09:14 AM »

woah, whats this. Axl Rose blaming someone other than himself for yet again destroying the once good name of Guns n Roses? Never in the world.

cant see how anyone can be so suprised that this date has been cancelled, at least its happened well in advance.

on i side note, who will axl blame if the album, if its released, is recieved so well? maybe he'll blame the original members for leaving and letting him balls it up.

ultimately nothing is ever Axl's fault, i think we all should accept that.

adios

hello, i'm nearly a graduate!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2004, 11:17:51 AM »

I'm really happy Axl has given a letter of apology, he hasn't hiddden away or just cancelled he has given an explanation of why it was cancelled and i still have faith and look forward to an announcement in the next few months.
funny,he gave letter,because his(gunsnroses) greatest hits is forth best selling album in the world now?
and what can i do with his letter,i want his music
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2004, 11:23:40 AM »

Its fantastic to hear from Axl.....why doesn't he write more? It would only take a few mins a week to keep us informed of what he's doing.

Seems Bhead was holding back the album, Axl seems very upbeat about the albums chances of release, must mean its finished or damn near to being so.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Death Cube K
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2004, 11:28:24 AM »

Axl's public apology makes him okay in my book. He tells about the situation and what's been going on. It's what I wanted, and when Axl shows he indeed CAN communicate with his fans, that makes me hang on for a few more months.

And sorry for saying, but what did we get from Buckethead?
Nothing? Not even his stupid doll opened his mouth. Not even an apology for letting us down with the Lisbon show. That's beyond unprofessional. He made thousands of new fans off his GNR ride, and then he does something like this and wont even bother to tell his own band mates, then what does that say? Really?

And by the way, this is the 2nd time GNR have cancelled shows and festivals due to Buckethead this, Buckethead that. Coincidence?
Sun King
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2004, 11:32:11 AM »

If (and I mean 'IF') BH did treat GNR with such contempt and used it as a stepping stone then I hope to god Axl DOESN'T try to get him back in the band!
Yes he's a great guitarist but let's face it...HE'S GOT A FUCKING NERVE!

Jesus, He should be fucking amazed that a band with a history like theirs who ask him to join! I know most of you guys would!

Axl, if you read this - The tours matter not to the fans at this point...GIVE US CHINESE DEMOCRACY. Sort the band/tour out after
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2004, 11:33:09 AM »

am i the only one here who is actually happy that we finally heard something official about the band, and that axl rose himself actually wrote his fans a letter??

I for one am happy as hell to get some news from Axl.
I don't have anything invested in GNR, and could never be bothered to argue about the whole Buckethead scenario the way some people are... I'm just glad he wrote the letter and that there's a chance of CD coming out this year ok

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: