Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans  (Read 52424 times)
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2004, 07:04:54 AM »

Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve
this is interesting. could it be him referring to fans opinions of him, and their frustration at him being quiet, not releasing the album etc...?

Yuo mean they might take the recording an extra step further?!  Awesome!  

LOL!
id love to believe that in a few months we will have an official release date, and have something concrete to get excited about, but at the moment i cant believe it. i guess we will have to wait and see, but im not holding my breath.

and i love how he places all the blame on buckethead.
didnt buckhead say he left because axl hasnt released the album?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:05:43 AM by snow white » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2004, 07:06:52 AM »

Booker,

This is typical, you moan and complain about how you haven't heard anything and then when he comes out with a full explanation of this situation and apology you still complain.

So where in all of this do you see anyone else to blame for the cancellation? You're basically saying Axl is talking out of his ass? "yup, everyone elses fault as usual" is a pretty shitty, and feeble answer to a fact.

our recording could mean either. It is not clear.

On top of everything else he tells us they will announce a release date in the next few months and you still have a problem?

If I was Axl, I wouldn't say anything to fans like you anyway. If he's silent you complain, if he says something you complain again and then ignore everything he said.

Get a clue.

@#$%Muther
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2004, 07:10:10 AM »

Booker,

This is typical, you moan and complain about how you haven't heard anything and then when he comes out with a full explanation of this situation and apology you still complain.

So where in all of this do you see anyone else to blame for the cancellation? You're basically saying Axl is talking out of his ass? "yup, everyone elses fault as usual" is a pretty shitty, and feeble answer to a fact.

our recording could mean either. It is not clear.

On top of everything else he tells us they will announce a release date in the next few months and you still have a problem?

If I was Axl, I wouldn't say anything to fans like you anyway. If he's silent you complain, if he says something you complain again and then ignore everything he said.

Get a clue.

@#$%Muther

yes we complain about what he says. i mean, guys, is it always the fault of the other members? BH has worked with hundred other artists and Axl is the first one who says that Bh is an asshole. dig that
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2004, 07:11:12 AM »

I don't get it. Everyone screams and begs for an update, and when you get it, you go crazy and bash Axl for giving you the update?

Yeah because 98% of that update sucks, and the other 2% probably sucks too.

It's fair enough, and he's on time so people can give their tickets back or not buy any in the first place.

Come on, face the facts.  Its another cancellation.  Hes proved me and all the other "naysayers" right once again.

If this announcement had been along the lines of "Despite Buckethead leaving, well perform with two guitarists like I did for every concert before 2000.  And Im sorry for Philadelphia and the album will come out on June 15" do you think anybody would criticize that?  No.  But when we get "Bucketheads out so were cancelling and letting everyone down again, but at least you know that its all his fault.  Im incapable of performing with two guitarists.  And were still recording, and maybe well give a release date within a few months"..."few" probably being a relative word here.

When he says 'take our recording that one step further' it doesn't mean recording more stuff. 'Our recording' is the album.

Youre reaching here...

Youre right, we should all be thrilled that Axl has broken his silence to let us down again...we, let you down anyway.  I never expected him to show up, you did.  But youre the type of fan that even if Axl wrote "The album has cancelled" youd give the same "See!  If Axls silent, he gets bashed and if he speaks he gets bashed!"  Of course, because if you havent noticed, its bad news.  Theres no explanation of why he cant perform with two guitarists...But no, lets just all not criticize Axl just because he decided to say something. ok
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:17:29 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2004, 07:11:55 AM »

Why the fuck do you think Axl is insane? It's clear that he wanted Buckethead to be a big part of this, and he has fucked them around. When he says take the album that extra step, he means to release it. And a release anounced in the next few months? This can only be good.

@#$%Muther
Because he always has got someone elso to blame, and unable to say that 'it was my fault'. Jesus, he haven't released anything since 1993, only a demo! Why didn't release CD in 2003 at least? Why is he unable to record 14 songs? Let's face it, the only reason why CD is still not released is Axl Rose. I1m afraid that the record company will understand it in the near future and will kick him out of the door.  Sad

Do you ever consider the idea that it may not be his fault?

@#$%Muther
BucketRose
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2004, 07:14:31 AM »

@#$%Muther

How long have you been following this band?  This is hardly the first time that Axl has promised that C.D. is on its way.  Axl's words and promises mean as much as my grandma's when it comes to C.D.  The only statement that would matter at this point is an official C.D. release date from the record company.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2004, 07:14:42 AM »

PEOPLE WON'T GET THEIR MONEY BACK

nor plane tickets
not RIR4 ticket
people called, and they don't reimburse.
it's festival, you don't get your money back for a festival if ONE performer don't come.
maybe thats why GNR likes festivals, they can cancel and stay at home as they want.

kockstar99
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2004, 07:16:44 AM »

i love how he places all the blame on buckethead.
no quite the opposite... he blames Brain Carrol  for dragging his feet on the album, recording, ...but he takes the blame for allowing it to happen...

nope Brian Carroll never said that... he hasnt said shit...

i suggest you reread...
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2004, 07:16:44 AM »

@#$%Muther

How long have you been following this band?  This is hardly the first time that Axl has promised that C.D. is on its way.  Axl's words and promises mean as much as my grandma's when it comes to C.D.  The only statement that would matter at this point is an official C.D. release date from the record company.

When did he promise it was on it's way. He's never refferred to announcing a release date before. And when he was directly asked about it, he said soon ain't the word.

@#$%Muther
BucketRose
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2004, 07:16:52 AM »

@#$%Muther

How long have you been following this band?  This is HARDLY the first time that Axl has promised that C.D. is on its way.  Axl's words and promises mean as much as my grandma's when it comes to C.D.  The only statement that would matter at this point is an official C.D. release date from the record company.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2004, 07:24:14 AM »

i love how he places all the blame on buckethead.
no quite the opposite... he blames Brain Carrol  for dragging his feet on the album, recording, ...but he takes the blame for allowing it to happen...

nope Brian Carroll never said that... he hasnt said shit...

i suggest you reread...

"At the end of last year, Buckethead became fed up with Guns' inability to complete an album or tour and stopped working with them, his manager said."

truthfully at the end of the day i'll wait and see what happens and i wont stop loving axl.
im glad hes come out with an explanation and apology about all this, but im not about to get my hopes up about seeing CD sometime this year.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2004, 07:24:44 AM »

well the full letter does make me feel better, though it doesn't make me feel good. i feel like i've been feeling since the tour was canceled.
so buckethead's crazy, we knew that. axl's crazy, right. taking the recording to ANOTHER level? this better be some great recording. does that, coupled with the not wanting to give too much away, mean that there's a new guitarist on the scene, and they're excited about him?
let's just hope that he's talking about an announcement in two months, and not 6 months to announce it'll be out in 6 months.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2004, 07:25:17 AM »

Personally I never had any expectations of Axl responding to the fans in anyway shape or form, but to come out with a victum letter...c'mon!  It's a bit cheesy...and it's a bit sad...a 42 year old man, heading up one of the best bands to hit the stage in the history of rock n roll and he's blaming one concert and hinting at the fact that an album that has been 7-10 years in the making is interrupted because of ONE person!  If he really loves GNR like he did when he was younger, and selling out places like IHOP sells pancakes, then he would view this as a challenge and not be so aptly ready to "strike a pose" and play the little braided victum...
Good Luck Axl... Grin
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2004, 07:33:09 AM »

foolish rubbish :hihi

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2004, 07:36:25 AM »

But youre the type of fan that even if Axl wrote "The album has cancelled" youd give the same "See!  If Axls silent, he gets bashed and if he speaks he gets bashed!"  Of course, because if you havent noticed, its bad news.  Theres no explanation of why he cant perform with two guitarists...But no, lets just all not criticize Axl just because he decided to say something. ok

That's bullshit and you know it.

I try to look things fairly. Because of all the things Axl has or should I say hasn't done, you're not likely to give him a chance with anything now. Which is partly understandable.

I don't fall into the category of blind Axl followers. I'm talking about this for what it is. He's cancelled the concert well in advance and told everyone the reason.

You don't know how GNR is set up now as a band , and how this will effect their live performances. If Axl feels the band can't put in a decent performance because of all of this, then so be it. He knows what can and can't be done. I know it's shitty and it's Axl's fault things have taken so long, but this cancellation it seems was inavoidable, and he's done the right thing in light of that.

@#$%Muther
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2004, 07:39:35 AM »

I agree with mutherfunker, he has done the right thing

Nothing to say
kockstar99
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2004, 07:42:13 AM »

Of course, because if you havent noticed, its bad news.
its not bad news.. its not good news... its news..and thats all i wanted... at least now we know..

Theres no explanation of why he cant perform with two guitarists...
because this band has 3 guitarists now... it has since about 2000,  so now they are a short a man...

But no, lets just all not criticize Axl just because he decided to say something. ok
but we do criticize him when he doesnt say anything....

what do you want him to say??  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:43:36 AM by kockstar99 » Logged
TealaRose
Rocker

Axlite By Personal Choice

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2004, 07:42:59 AM »

If he's silent you complain, if he says something you complain again and then ignore everything he said.

Get a clue.

@#$%Muther

You know, those are just about the exact words Axl used when asked why he was so tight lipped about everything.

For all you people who are SO hard done by, and hate Axl SO much... I hear there are plenty of VR sections to be found on these forums. If you can't support whatever incarnation of GNR we have now, then don't let the cyber door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Keep in mind that this is coming from a fan who paid for tickets to TWO shows in '02 and didn't get to see either. Vancouver Riot, vegas cancelled. I did not get my flight or accomidations money back and I STILL support the band. If you support the band, you support Axl. That is the way it goes.

Suck on That!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2004, 07:46:13 AM »

That's bullshit and you know it.

No its not...because thats almost exactly what has happened.  This performance  has been anticipated for months and we get, what else?  A letter of cancellation.  And its all Bucketheads fault.

I don't fall into the category of blind Axl followers.

I would disagree...

I'm talking about this for what it is. He's cancelled the concert well in advance and told everyone the reason.

Oh, well then I guess theres nothing to criticize?

this cancellation it seems was inavoidable, and he's done the right thing in light of that.

Well until theres an explanation on why two guitarists wont suffice (like they always have) or why a fill-in cant be found (because there is still 2 months to find one), I think criticism is in order.
kockstar99
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2004, 07:52:13 AM »

This performance  has been anticipated for months and we get, what else?  A letter of cancellation.  And its all Bucketheads fault.

the statement reads that up untill Feb bucket was in the band..then this month he changed his mind again... so id like to think that he was working with Brian Caroll untill the last possible moment...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: