Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans  (Read 52378 times)
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2004, 06:24:57 AM »

this is insane. maybe there's a lot going on that we don't know about, maybe activity is all over the place, but it doesn't look like it. what it looks like is very bad. is Axl really so into his own world, so living in his mind, that this gig was made just because Axl likes doing RIR? because he wanted to be the first to do 3. and they're cancelling why? because something really surprising has happened since the long ago cancelled tour or the long ago departure of bucket? i mean, what, he's busy that day? busy doing what exactly? working on CD? finding a guitarist?
it's not fair being a GNR fan. there are no answers, just questions.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2004, 06:37:09 AM »

it's sad, but i'm honestly upset. this news has me no longer wondering why bucket left, but instead now i wonder why finck hasn't. why they all haven't. what's the secret Axl? what's the big hush hush? put us out of our misery.
forget it. go buy the new aerosmith. wait for the velvet revolver. fall into bands that tour, bands that release albums. there's no sense caring... if Axl ever REALLY says anything, then listen again. if he ever DOES anything, then care again.
BucketRose
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 06:37:28 AM »

Bottom line:

If Axl could carry on without Slash...who was the very essence of GnR...he could certainly regroup and carry on without BH.
thefuzzbox
Opening Act

A Turbulent Sky...The New Debris

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 06:37:48 AM »

Hi, the full letter seems to be a little more optimistic that the three sentence excerpt would suggest. I think although it's really disappointing, there is an actual mention of a forthcoming release date by the man itself, and hints there's a surprise in store...

"Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform at Rock in Rio; A Message from W. Axl Rose

LISBON, Portugal--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 30, 2004--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled at Rock In Rio - Lisbon.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

*The Festival will shortly announce the name of a new headliner to perform with EVANESCENCE, KINGS OF LEON and XUTOS E PONTAPES amongst others

source: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...283&newsLang=en "

miminaboo
Headliner

Un jour,OSense? montre un mouvement et dit c'est

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2004, 06:40:05 AM »

Maybe Axl hates his American fans but loves his South American ones.  He sure loves doing the Rio gig.  

Lisbon is in Europe  Grin
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2004, 06:43:20 AM »

may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

Extra step further? Re-recording AGAIN!?

Release date within the next few months? Maybe I shouldn't give up already...

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2004, 06:46:08 AM »

This is rubbish news.  But i knew and i think many of those who have been around (as fans) for many years knew not to rush into spending our money asap because we know anything can happen.

Buckethead is not to blame. I mean look at Gilby he learnt over 40 songs in less than a month for Illusions tour.  SO the calibre of musicians GN'R would use, would be able to learn the material in time.

To say he has wrecked GNR is a strange one.  I don't think he is important in the GN'R world - enough for that.  He is not Slash.  He is a fantastic amazing guitarist but he is not an integral element - not to me anyway.

I suppose this is not a good enough excuse. But what makes Axl stand out from anyone else is that every word he has put to record he has meant and he has this volitile side of him merged with such brilliance for melody and lyric and performance.  Like The Sex Pistols - Nevermind the bollocks, was not just for fun, it was a serious statement.  And i think GN'R records are like that. Appetite for destruction in itself sums it all up.
It's a statement.  GN'R have always had a self destructive button and i suppose it's not going to change.

Anyway dissapointing news was really looking forward to that.  Hope it's not going to be another dead year.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2004, 06:46:46 AM »

i don't even know what to say .... i don't know.
this is too funny.
* waiting for the " this is all a marketing trick" post  Grin *

well well well
i need to study my test now ...

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2004, 06:48:33 AM »

I fear Axl is completely insane now... I wish I am wrong about it.  Cry

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
kockstar99
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2004, 06:52:40 AM »

Hi, the full letter seems to be a little more optimistic that the three sentence excerpt would suggest. I think although it's really disappointing, there is an actual mention of a forthcoming release date by the man itself, and hints there's a surprise in store...

"Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform at Rock in Rio; A Message from W. Axl Rose

LISBON, Portugal--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 30, 2004--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled at Rock In Rio - Lisbon.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

*The Festival will shortly announce the name of a new headliner to perform with EVANESCENCE, KINGS OF LEON and XUTOS E PONTAPES amongst others

source: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...283&newsLang=en "

Thank you for this!!!!!! Thank you for finding this!!!!!!!!!!

FFFFFFF    U     U       CCCC         K        K

OFFFFFFFFFFFF BRIAN CARROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!!!!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 06:54:03 AM »

Wait asecond, maybe Im crazy...but at the first Rock In Rio, did the band have three guitarists?  For every show they played until a few years ago, did they have three guitarists?  If Axl is as torn up about not performing as he says, is it impossible to perform one show with two guitarists as they always have?  Or even find a fill-in for one night?

Axls own description of Bucketheads dealings with GNR suggest what many have said all along...this isnt a true band.  Its a semi-permanent group of musicians who work on making Axls music.

individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment.

This guy.... hihi

surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.

Yuo mean they might take the recording an extra step further?!  Awesome!  Then hopefully we can see some finishing touches, and who knows, in about 15 years we might see the album.

Its insane, all this time and theyre about to talke fucking recording an extra step forward.

Well, Ive gotta respect Axl for finally ending the silence (something that should have been done long ago).  Although he still hasnt told us what we want to know (Philly) or even apologized for it, at least something has been said.  I find none of it very assuring, but I didnt yesterday either, so no harm done.  I never expected them to play anyway.  Sucks to be right.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 06:55:37 AM »

Does anyone remember the text i had posted and everyone slagging me off for saying it was hoax ?

It did say there would be an official announcement early april, didn't it ?  hihi hihi hihi

Nothing to say
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 06:55:37 AM »

Why the fuck do you think Axl is insane? It's clear that he wanted Buckethead to be a big part of this, and he has fucked them around. When he says take the album that extra step, he means to release it. And a release anounced in the next few months? This can only be good.

And it's more than a co-incidence that the admin on the rumour forum, heard from someone that Buckethead had been difficult and causing problems. He posted this weeks ago.

@#$%Muther
BucketRose
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 06:55:41 AM »

Maybe Axl hates his American fans but loves his South American ones.  He sure loves doing the Rio gig.  

Lisbon is in Europe  Grin

Holy shit you're right, I stand corrected. (Its in Portugal, right?)  But hey...I'm just another egocentric American, yknow...in my geographical knowledge, the U.S. sits at the center of the universe....and all other surrounding countries amount to stardust.   Wink
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 06:56:45 AM »

Some people are gonna say I'm a blinded and delusional fan again, but somehow Axl's full letter makes sense to me.
I sure hope they won't do any extra recording though  no

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
miminaboo
Headliner

Un jour,OSense? montre un mouvement et dit c'est

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 06:57:51 AM »

well, in a mail that I sent to prevent that we won't see GNR in Lisboa, one of my friend told me that it was predictible, but they were "casse-couille" to always cancelled   hihi hihi I won't traduce it... let you imagine what it means... Tongue
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 06:58:04 AM »

When he says 'take our recording that one step further' it doesn't mean recording more stuff. 'Our recording' is the album.

@#$%Muther
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2004, 07:00:45 AM »

It's clear that he wanted Buckethead to be a big part of this, and he has fucked them around.

Yup, everybody elses fault, as usual...

When he says take the album that extra step,

No, he says "take our recording that extra step".  Seems pretty clear to me what hes saying...the album still isnt done.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2004, 07:03:08 AM »

Why the fuck do you think Axl is insane? It's clear that he wanted Buckethead to be a big part of this, and he has fucked them around. When he says take the album that extra step, he means to release it. And a release anounced in the next few months? This can only be good.

@#$%Muther

Because he always has got someone elso to blame, and unable to say that 'it was my fault'. Jesus, he haven't released anything since 1993, only a demo! Why didn't release CD in 2003 at least? Why is he unable to record 14 songs? Let's face it, the only reason why CD is still not released is Axl Rose. I1m afraid that the record company will understand it in the near future and will kick him out of the door.  Sad

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2004, 07:04:50 AM »

We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.

Several issues being, do you release an album full of an ex-member's material that noone else can play? Do you re-record it? Do you release it and just play different live versions with another guitarist.

Taking the recording further bothers me. Cause Axl isn't getting younger and with every passing year, I doubt his voice is getting better. Maybe all it will be is some additional touches with anew member.

New Guns was all about Axl and Bucket for me, with all respect to the other members. After Axl's contributions, I (and most others) were most looking forward to hearing what Bucket had brought to the table. The 3 tiny studio snippets of new songs played on the radio 18 months ago still leave me slavating at the prospect of hearing songs I've played a thousand times on bootlegs.

I believe Axl is completely sincere in his letter and I hold nothing against him whatsoever. He has been in no way disingenuous towards Bucket when I can only imagine how he must feel being betrayed and rejected yet again.

I said before that if the shit hit the fan again I'd pack all of my GnR stuff away until the day CD was in the shops.

Because of the circumstances and Axl's letter, I'm going to stick around.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: