Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: update: Axl writes an apology letter to fans  (Read 52310 times)
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« on: March 30, 2004, 05:07:11 AM »

http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/nc02/457367.html?lang=pt

quick translation:
gn'r won't be perfoming because of Buckethead's departure.

plus, and this is big, Axl wrote a letter to the fans:
"Em meu nome e dos Guns N? Roses gostaria de pedir desculpas aos f?s que planeavam ver-nos no Rock in Rio-Lisboa. O Festival e sua hist?ria t?m um grande significado para mim e, sinceramente, n?o gosto da sensa??o de ser me ser roubada a oportunidade de ser o primeiro artista a tocar em tr?s edi??es."

"in my name, and in guns n'roses name, i would like to apologise to the fans that hoped to see us in rock-in-rio-lisboa. the festival and its history have a great significance to me, and sincerely, i don't like the feeling of losing the chance to be the first artist to perform in 3 editions."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 05:23:05 AM by grabaraxl » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 05:14:31 AM »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU BUCKETHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to go fucking slit my fucking wrists now....
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 05:17:11 AM »

FUCK!!

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 05:19:34 AM »

http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/nc02/457367.html?lang=pt

plus, and this is big, Axl wrote a letter to the fans:
i didn't receive it  crying crying

damn it! third time he f*cking cancells shows i was going to!!

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 05:27:31 AM »

What a bloody surprise Cry

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
killerbee_vr6
Opening Act

The lights they shine so bright

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 05:29:58 AM »

glad I only bought tickets to the show and not plane tickets from london to lisbon
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 05:32:05 AM by killerbee_vr6 » Logged

4/3/93 Sacramento
12/29/01 Las vegas
12/31/01 Las Vegas
9/20/06 SF
9/21/06 SF
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 05:33:56 AM »

glad I only bought tickets to the show and not lane tickets from london to lisbon
that was my original plan too...but then i heard that the flights were almost completly booked...ah well...a chance to show those soccer hooligans how it's really done! ok

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
BucketRose
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 05:56:09 AM »

I swear, I do NOT understand this man.  He issues an apology for a concert cancellation that was cancelled well in advance...yet, he offers no apology and no word on the Philly cancellation...where thousands of people were left waiting in the venue for hours....waiting for him to take the stage. (!?)  A-S-S-H-O-L-E

Shit, I don't know.  Maybe Axl hates his American fans but loves his South American ones.  He sure loves doing the Rio gig.  

Oh...btw...I do now believe that GnR is officially over...that C.D. is already "dated" sounding and Axl will never be satisfied to release it.  Well...it sure was great while it lasted.    no

I know some of you people think I'm a real bitch, and thats fine...I probably am at times.  Its just that I've feared this happening all along...my negativity and criticism of Axl has served as a defense mechanism for me...because in the back of my mind...I've always felt that C.D. will never see the light of day.  I've never been able to say this with conviction...but at this point...I believe that GnR is finished for good.  If Axl had any class...he would do more than issue a statement about Rio:  rather, he would issue a press release announcing his retirement from the music business....and his retirement from recording.

Goddamn...fucking bummer...well, I'll leave it to some of you eternal hopefuls to try and put a positive face on this bullshit announcement...but I don't think I'll be buying it.  This SUCKS!!!
BucketRose
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 06:01:48 AM »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU BUCKETHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to go fucking slit my fucking wrists now....

I can't believe I'm hearing this.....fuck you BUCKETHEAD?!?!  Some of you people are in such denial about Axl and his blameworthiness....that its actually creepy.  For chrissake...he's known of BH's departure for over a YEAR now....but somehow you're able to still proclaim FUCK YOU BUCKETHEAD...as if its somehow HIS fault for Axl cancelling out on Rio?  Axl has had eons to replace him...there's no excuse for cancelling this show...other than that Axl is a major reclusive weirdo, as usual.  And hell....Axl shoulda had no problem replacing BH...thats about the only thing he excels at anymore...replacing bandmembers...and now, it seems he's even forgotten how to do that!!!   crying

I still can't believe it...you blaming Bucket for Axl cancelling Rio.  That's unreal.  
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 06:02:26 AM »

Shit, I don't know.  Maybe Axl hates his American fans but loves his South American ones.  He sure loves doing the Rio gig.  

this year RIR is in Portugal...didn't know that was located in South America....

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
kockstar99
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 06:02:29 AM »

I swear, I do NOT understand this man.  He issues an apology for a concert cancellation that was cancelled well in advance...yet, he offers no apology and no word on the Philly cancellation...where thousands of people were left waiting in the venue for hours....waiting for him to take the stage. (!?)  A-S-S-H-O-L-E

Oh...btw...I do now believe that GnR is officially over...that C.D. is already "dated" sounding and Axl will never be satisfied to release it.  Well...it sure was great while it lasted.    no

I know some of you people think I'm a real bitch, and thats fine...I probably am at times.  Its just that I've feared this happening all along...my negativity and criticism of Axl has served as a defense mechanism for me...because in the back of my mind...I've always felt that C.D. will never see the light of day.  I've never been able to say this with conviction...but at this point...I believe that GnR is finished for good.  If Axl had any class...he would do more than issue a statement about Rio:  rather, he would issue a press release announcing his retirement from the music business....and his retirement from recording.

Goddamn...fucking bummer...well, I'll leave it to some of you eternal hopefuls to try and put a positive face on this bullshit announcement...but I don't think I'll be buying it.  This SUCKS!!!

for once i agree with you.... i always chose to ignore your negative attitude but i hate to say you were right...

you were right the entire time....
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 06:04:12 AM »

"the festival and its history have a great significance to me, and sincerely, i don't like the feeling of losing the chance to be the first artist to perform in 3 editions."

What a selfish bastard He ofers 3 sentence apologie with half of it saying about himself and his reputation and fame. Fuck you Axl
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 06:04:46 AM »

well, at least the man broke his silence....pitty it was shitty news.... confused no

its really hard to believe that we are going to see CD anytime soon, or at all really.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 06:05:13 AM »

Hey ya never now April fools is a day way and they caould all say .............fooled ya!............Maybe just my wishwull thinkin no

But then again I still think that the public reception of GNR which it way bigger than our online community may have giving a spark to do what they need to do and get the damn album out........shit a fucking greatest hits will wnter at # 3 in the US and has #1 in many countries and top 5 in many others............even if he was reluctant about the representation........hes gotta be shocked himself that it ws recieved so well,
And maybe rather than doing this show he is kicking it up and getting himself together to get CD out .....SOON!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 06:06:36 AM »

I still can't believe it...you blaming Bucket for Axl cancelling Rio.  That's unreal.  

Im blaming Brian Carroll for quiting when there is no reason to quit...ok they fucking took a year off... big deal...he was free to do his own shit and did... Maybe im way off on this... if so someone from GnR or BH needs to issue a fucking statement and end all this fucking needless confusion...

Its not like they tour alot anyways....
BucketRose
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2004, 06:08:03 AM »

Well....I'm pleased to hear you acknowledge my perspective....but as I said in the above post...with all due respect...it makes absolutely no sense for you to blame BH for this cancellation. (From what I gather....FUCK YOU BUCKETHEAD indicates that you feel BH is responsible for this.)

And hey....I'd love to have a positive attitude about GnR.  Axl fucking rocks...I've been a Guns fan since '88...I've been waiting on this album for years, yknow.  But I just can't fool myself like so many of you seem to do.  Why do that?  You're just setting yourself up for much worse of a disappointment.  Most of us here know Axl better than most....so knowing Axl's ways...why can't we just come to admit that he's not gonna deliver on C.D.?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:09:58 AM by BucketRose » Logged
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 06:08:16 AM »

Im blaming Brian Carroll for quiting when there is no reason to quit...ok they fucking took a year off... big deal...he was free to do his own shit and did... Maybe im way off on this... if so someone from GnR or BH needs to issue a fucking statement and end all this fucking needless confusion...

Its not like they tour alot anyways....

the problem is, who ever has contact with axl quits talking with fans.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2004, 06:11:12 AM »

Axl should fucking get his shit togethor quick smart, ya can't keep delaying everything cos eventually the fans won't be there, so if the reason was of Bh's departure why did axl say GN'R would peform..it's gettin fucking ridiculous now.....no fans of any other band have to put up with shit the way we have 2

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
BucketRose
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2004, 06:19:50 AM »

Jesus Christ....correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't it come out that BH left OVER A YEAR AGO?  I don't see how anyone could EVEN CONSIDER BH quitting as the reason for the cancellation.  And for fuck's sake...doesn't this still leave like 2 or 3 guitarists for Axl to work with?  Nobody needs 3 or 4 guitarists to put on a fucking rock concert...especially since all Axl has shown he can do with the new GnR is play a fucking AFD tribute set every night...2 guitarists is plenty for that.  Angry
kockstar99
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2004, 06:22:00 AM »

.it makes absolutely no sense for you to blame BH for this cancellation.

Thats the Official reason Axl Rose gave for the cancellation..

He speaks so little that when he does speak i listen.. Granted I dont know Brain's side of the story, and like the above poster said...

"people who work with Axl stop talking to fans"

I guess it will never be known why...hes prob under contract not to speak about GnR during or after the employment period...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: