Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't Damn Me: Sucky song
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Damn Me: Sucky song  (Read 15112 times)
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 11:05:38 AM »

dont damn me is an AWESOMEEEE song
jus see the lyrics
"dont damn me,when i speak a piece o mind,cuz silence isnt golden when im holding it inside" .....how many times ive felt these were the perfect lyrics
and the end is awesome as well
even get in the ring for that matter....i love the line "why do u look at me when u hate me"
2 of the most underrated songs!!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 11:19:05 AM »

it's one of my fav GN'R songs yes

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Bahad
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 11:34:26 AM »

I love both 3 of them(dont damn me,get in the ring, shotgun blues)

Dont damn me: guitar riff simply rocks and awesome song.
Get in the ring : gets very good if you're angry with smth.
Shotgun Blues : although many people dont like it, I really like it. Very energetic.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 11:36:27 AM »

DDM - definitley one of my faves. I love the way it kicks in.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BucketRose
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 01:45:01 PM »

So how can you say get inthe ring is one of Axls overly-self-conscious, overly-defensive, overly-self-justifying anthems.

The rant part does it for me.  I can kinda understand what Axl was going thru though....all the media scrutiny and criticism he was going thru at the time...but I still think its a little excessive to devote two whole songs to this issue on your new album.  But hey, thats Axl for ya...he says what he wants to say and says it however he wants.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 02:05:32 PM »

I couldn't disagree with you anymore about Don't Damn Me. It's one of my favorite GNR songs of all time and currently my fave off the Illusions. The lyrics from Don't Damn Me are Axl at his best (besides Locomotive). The guitar, drums, and bass on the song sound incredible. It's an amazing epic rocker.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 02:28:08 PM »

Don't Damn Me is a very good song. It's one of the best on the Illusions.

Yeah same here

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Psycho
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 03:41:42 PM »

Its a very good song
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 04:21:06 PM »

Don't damn me is great! I always play that alongside Perfect crime which is awsome :-).  I agree UYI's do have their weak moments such as  Bad apples, Back of bitch, Get in the ring and Shotgun blues.

They are the ones i tend to skip most, although they are still great when you're in the mood for them.  They have great bits and equally as many weak bits on each track.  

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 04:25:25 PM »

I think it's a Damn good song!

So is Shotgun Blues. Isn't that about a party where Axl shot a pig and had a hog roast for Depeche Mode but they left cause their vegetarians/ or animal lovers?

Get in the Ring - I put it on when I am really mad at someone. that and Silk Worms too..

please don't start talking about how some of you hate Silk Worms.... Smiley

Behold, the evil that men do...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 04:33:13 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this?  I don't like the guitar riff...and I've always hated the way Axl sings the song...it just gets on my nerves.  And with Get in the Ring already on UYI...did the album really need ANOTHER one of Axl's overly-self-conscious, overly-defensive, overly-self-justifying anthems?  These two songs serve as another good example of why UYI should have been one disc.

If C.D. is ever released....I hope that Axl will let the music speak for itself...rather than coming up with trite, unimaginative song lyrics that diss all his critics and naysayers.  It was dull on UYI...and it would be just as dull to hear it on C.D.

I've always felt that whether consciously or unconsciously....Eminem has been influenced by Axl.  His whole "me against the world" mindset is taken straight from the prototype of the redhaired one.  If Axl coulda rapped....he woulda been Eminem back when Marshall was still squeezing zits in front of the bathroom mirror in high school.

Oh well...got off topic...agree or disagree to your heart's content.

It's in my nature to disagree with you  Grin

I like the song, so don't damn me for that  hihi
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004, 05:44:13 PM »

Don't damn me is great! I always play that alongside Perfect crime which is awsome :-).  I agree UYI's do have their weak moments such as  Bad apples, Back of bitch, Get in the ring and Shotgun blues.

They are the ones i tend to skip most, although they are still great when you're in the mood for them.  They have great bits and equally as many weak bits on each track.  

Are you high?  "Don't Damn Me" and "Back Off Bitch" are THE two great underrated Guns N' Roses songs.  Even though there a half dozen great epics on those albums, when it comes to rockers, I go to those two and "You Could Be Mine".   All three are five-star GN'R tunes.  "Back Off Bitch" especially is amazing.  "Don't Damn Me" has great lyrics and makes you want to scream at someone, and that's what you want from a Guns N' Roses rocker.

"Get In The Ring" and "Shotgun Blues", on the other hand, are only slightly above "My World" in the annals of the worst GN'R songs.  "Get In The Ring" is ok because of that great line, "Why do you look at me when you hate me?" and a good intro and outro, but "Shotgun Blues" is pure filler.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2004, 06:32:44 PM »

anyone hear the demo of dont damn me
i love it
axl sounds cool in that version

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Evolution
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2004, 06:37:10 PM »

axl sounds badass smoking in the demo
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004, 06:37:32 PM »

Are you high?  "Don't Damn Me" and "Back Off Bitch" are THE two great underrated Guns N' Roses songs.

I think its generally agreed that "Locomotive" is the great underrated GNR song.

All three are five-star GN'R tunes.

confused

Well one is...

I love "Back Off Bitch," but its nowhere near "YCBM".

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004, 07:03:28 PM »

I really like Don't Damn Me... it's a real aggressive, in your face kinda song, in my opinion.  And the lryrics, wow... they are quite strong.  I used to blast this song everyday following a difficult time at work.  It really did it for me Smiley

Back off Bitch is equally as good.  Shotgun Blues... you gotta be in a particular mood for that one... and Get in the Ring?  Blaghh.  Don't care for that one too much.

But yeah, the demo for Don't Damn Me is awesome... the first time I heard it, I had that particular song on repeat for a l-o-n-g time.  The demo is absolutely kick ass.  

Don't Damn Me owns!! Smiley  
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 07:24:30 PM »

anyone hear the demo of dont damn me
i love it
axl sounds cool in that version

I thought it was kinda weird at first, but I got into it, Axl doesn't strain his voice as much on it as he does on the album version.
plus, there's Adler on drums! ok (I think...)

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004, 07:39:51 PM »

I guess its all a matter of personal taste, but I love Don't Damn Me, along with every other GN'R song that people here say should've been left off. I think the variety in all the different styles on the Illusion albums is what makes them so great, I wouldn't leave anything off.

Don't Damn Me is like UYI1's equivalent of You Could Be Mine, it has a similar groove and pissed off Axl vocals. And Slash plays one of the best guitar solos I've ever heard from him too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2004, 07:42:42 PM »

don't damn me is an awesome song...one of my favorites!

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2004, 08:15:31 PM »

Don't Damn me is my favorite GNR song of them all. I love the fast paced attitude. The lyrics are killer, they make you think. They make you realize you agree with some of the things that are said. And the riff, pure genius.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: