Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  demian fenton to replace buckethead?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: demian fenton to replace buckethead?  (Read 12412 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 05:47:17 PM »

has anybody heard any more about this guy?
according to richard, no replacement is found.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 05:53:36 PM »

Yeah, I see normal people with tophats and giant Jew-fros all the time. GnR has never been normal looking, friend.

Jew-fro? What crack are you smoking?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 07:06:21 PM »

Yeah, I see normal people with tophats and giant Jew-fros all the time. GnR has never been normal looking, friend.

Jew-fro? What crack are you smoking?

I'm afraid it's worse than crack!!!? PeterCoffin is quoting this lame-ass "comedian" Kathy Griffin!!!? Roll Eyes
She made that "joke" on one of those VH1 shows.? The "jew-fro" was her reference to Slash's hair being the result of his half Jewish and half black heritage.

On topic:? I'm gonna believe Richard on this one.? No third guitarist!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 07:38:55 PM »

Funny how he isn't jewish. Wink
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 07:41:56 PM »

Funny that he is,  would SAUL HUDSON be anything else ??
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 08:33:44 PM »

Where in the hell did you hear this? And what was the basis for this statement? Someone already brought up the point that he's not interested in GNR.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 08:34:35 PM »

he is half - jewish apparently

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 08:55:32 PM »

If Axl sticks with Fortus and Finck, I think he has decided to go forward with an inferior line up. Axl needs to find a replacement.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 08:56:51 PM »

"Here's another rumor that is not true. Gary Oseary wrote a book about 100 Jews Who Rock, and he's included SLASH based on his first name. We asked SLASH's spouse if SLASH was in fact Jewish, and she told us no. Not that SLASH has any problem with people pegging him as Jewish; but for accuracy, he is not. An Old Testament name is now always indicative of a particular faith."

http://snakepit.org/0103news.html

The kid ain't jewish.
estranged.1098
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2005, 10:24:39 PM »

If Axl sticks with Fortus and Finck, I think he has decided to go forward with an inferior line up. Axl needs to find a replacement.

Perhaps inferior in paper. The chemistry of the new line-up is unknown to us.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2005, 11:49:05 PM »

Inferior in precision as well. Finck and Fortus had alot of trouble with the old songs.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2005, 11:54:25 PM »

Inferior in precision as well. Finck and Fortus had alot of trouble with the old songs.

i thought they did pretty good, and now they're probably even better. i don't wanna sound overly defensive but who are you to judge their position or precision with the band?

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2005, 12:46:11 AM »

It comes down to the fact that they need a guy who will mark a definite distinction between old and new in the lead guitar spot.
You're replacing a legend here (and realistically, an irreplacable member), so a) you need a motherfucker on guitar and b) you want the polar opposite of Slash in terms of look/image and sound

Fortus and Finck are all good, but Buckethead is a talking point in his own right - for his out of this world playing and his bizarre image.

IMO, the inclusion of Bucket in the new Guns was a masterstroke by Axl - I really think they need him back if this thing is going to be remotely successful

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2005, 12:54:40 AM »

Good Point Jimmy!! I also think it was pure genius on Axl's part to pick someone so eccentric. The Slash lovers were even starting to like him. It was a sad day indeed when he left. I cant imagine someone trying to fill his spot. If Axl's smart, he'll just release CD with BH still on it. He can worry about a replacement when he does a 2nd album.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2005, 01:19:28 AM »

He can worry about a replacement when he does a 2nd album.

rofl rofl rofl
you've changed your tune their a bit James! A sudden leap towards optimism or perhaps you're being sarcastic?

Yeah, Im a big Slash fan (how can you love Guns and not be?) and I must say, I was excited to see what Bucket would bring to CD

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2005, 01:27:40 AM »

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I dont see why he cant just leave BH's parts on the album. Does Axl really want people to wonder how good the album could've been if Bucket was on it? Axl doesn't need an extra hurdle to have to jump over.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2005, 01:33:54 AM »

I have heard enough boots and SBs to make that determination. Check out the first two solos on NR, LALD from the Osaka tour, Patience from Detroit for starters.....Blues solo from Pittsburgh.....

i thought they did pretty good, and now they're probably even better. i don't wanna sound overly defensive but who are you to judge their position or precision with the band?

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2005, 01:41:34 AM »

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I dont see why he cant just leave BH's parts on the album. Does Axl really want people to wonder how good the album could've been if Bucket was on it? Axl doesn't need an extra hurdle to have to jump over.

I was refering to the the "2nd album" part James  Roll Eyes

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »

I really don't think they need Bucket for this to be successful at all.  I think at this point besides maybe Tommy the rest of the band is just a faceless bunch of nobodys.  Axl is Guns N' Roses at this point.  He is the only necessary member within this current bunch.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2005, 02:15:04 AM »

Nope, I wasnt being sarcastic about a 2nd album. I guess I was just being unrealistic. I just think he should release CD as it is, and deal with unresolved issues if he decides to do a 2nd album. But I'm in the minority that thinks there will be no 2nd or 3rd album. I think CD is it. CD will be the final chapter. I'm also in the minority that doesn't think he will tour with this record. When CD is released, there is gonna be a worldwide judgement on the album. I cant imagine him going from city to city while this judgement takes place. I think he's gonna let the album speak for itself.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: