Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who to replace Buckethead?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who to replace Buckethead?  (Read 42979 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2004, 02:43:07 AM »

BUCKETHEAD IS THE MAN!

...but, seeing as how he's not in Guns N' Roses anymore, let me offer a list of possible alternatives, even though Bucket should still be there, if Axl could get his damn act together...

1) Tom Morello
Easily the best and most original guitar hero of the 90s.  Spacey sci-fi sounds that could bring a modern edge to the Guns N' Roses sound while avoiding the noodling that Buckethead was apparently prone to.  Finally, he gives GN'R name recognition among younger rock fans.
2) Wes Borland
The less annoying focal point of Limp Bizkit has a style that could easily fill in the gap left by Buckethead's departure.  Once again, he could bring GN'R to a younger audience.  His rap-metal style would mesh well with Axl's desire to "update" the GN'R sound, even if that particular subgenre is a bit past it now.
3) Brian May
He's been working with Axl a lot over the past few years.  He has an immediately recognizable hard rock style, and he still looks pretty good for his age.  Don't know if Axl would want him, though, precisely because he suffers from the same thought patterns that afflicted many other 80s hard rock bands, i.e. that they have to "update their sound".
4) Jack White
That would just be cool to see.
5)Eddie Van Halen
What else is he going to do...play with Van Halen??
slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2004, 02:47:07 AM »

I think Fink can more than hold down the fort.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2004, 03:38:01 AM »

There will be no replacement.  You people need to get a clue.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2004, 04:23:50 AM »

WES BORLAND, are you fucking crazy man. NO WAY DUDE.
N' JACK WHITES a one power chord wonder.

If any body to be honest...................(drumroll)....................
DAVE NAVARRO people. Na c'mon listen, when i bought JANES new album (STRAYS) i checked out the group shot in the middle and as soon as i saw Mr. Navarro i thought, fuck man, you belong in gunners. His image is old school and after all, he played on OH MY GOD, but its not just about  his image, he's style is unfuckingbeleivable, its not just cool........................................................its gunners.

does anyone know the picture im on about.
he's the man im tellin' ya!! smoking

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2004, 05:47:10 AM »

Steven And Izzy will rejoin GNR. that would be kickass i hope so?

Edit: New subject. /jarmo

actually that would suck..

Wes borland/josh freese yes

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2004, 06:08:57 AM »

My hope: TRACII GUNS

He formed gunsroses with axl. He is in brides of destruction now along with nikki sixx from motley crue.

Motley crue has a reunion set to 05 so there is a possibillity for an unemplyed tracii to join axl (in 2005 though).

http://homepage.mac.com/spollitt/STFU.mov

It's tracii playing guitar

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
BucketRose
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2004, 08:32:52 AM »

U beat me to posting this thread

Replacements:

Bryan May - i think its Axl's only hope, they are friends, Bryan doesn't have anything better to do either....and he is good enough, plus he would be a 'big name' for credibility

Drummer - Steven Adler. This guy has to be in the frame (okay i'm kidding myself) but we all know Steven would love to rejoin.

Axl has enough of the old man/nostalgia act vibe surrounding him as it is.  I think the last thing he needs to do now is start collaborating with a Grandpa-aged guitarist from '70s rock act Queen.

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2004, 09:05:10 AM »

Buckethead should be replaced by Buckethead! ok
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2004, 09:08:52 AM »

I'm sorry to see Buckethead go if this is the case. If I'm being fair I haven't heard much of the new stuff besides Madagascar so I guess the jury is still out on how good he was for Axl.

To keep on topic, here's what I think:

Slash (but only if a re-union)

Zakk Wylde (of old, unsure about now)

John Pertrucci (but I'd hate to see him leave Dream Theater)

Ginger Wildheart - some of you may not know Ginger but I think he is an awesome guitar player - Wildhearts fans - remember a song called 'Fire Up'? - very slash!)

Jim Martin (did you know that he now grows pumpkins for a living)

Kirk Hammett (whoops I forgot he doesn't do solos now)

Justin Hawkins....just kidding but made me giggle!

Here today...ready to rock
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2004, 09:30:22 AM »

2) Wes Borland
The less annoying focal point of Limp Bizkit has a style that could easily fill in the gap left by Buckethead's departure.  Once again, he could bring GN'R to a younger audience.  His rap-metal style would mesh well with Axl's desire to "update" the GN'R sound, even if that particular subgenre is a bit past it now.

4) Jack White
That would just be cool to see.

Neither of these would ever happen, but if either did, I would not only stop caring about the band forever, I would also develop a suicidal urge.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
AxlN'Slash
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2004, 09:57:37 AM »

Traci Gunns will never happen-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION
Izzy? are u fuckin serious
Tom M.-have u ever herd of the band audioslave
Wes Borland-IF ANYand i meanANYperson from Limp Bizkit joins GNR i will NOT forgive AXL again that would be it
onestly 2 guitars are enough!!!!

why does everyone think that brain is leaving!!??? just b/c BH left doesnt mean that hes gonna leave!

Retards Attempting Poetry
               RAP
SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2004, 10:40:06 AM »

U beat me to posting this thread

Replacements:

Bryan May - i think its Axl's only hope, they are friends, Bryan doesn't have anything better to do either....and he is good enough, plus he would be a 'big name' for credibility

Bryan May would be awesome. If Axl would release a fuckin' album and tour it would probably increase the chances of getting somebody of that caliber.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2004, 10:42:12 AM »

Well i think we've established there are plenty of replacements out there who have nothing better to do...

I don't care who is brought in as long as Robin Finck isn't playing lead......oh its just too awful to think about

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2004, 10:42:51 AM »

WES BORLAND, are you fucking crazy man. NO WAY DUDE.
N' JACK WHITES a one power chord wonder.

If any body to be honest...................(drumroll)....................
DAVE NAVARRO people. Na c'mon listen, when i bought JANES new album (STRAYS) i checked out the group shot in the middle and as soon as i saw Mr. Navarro i thought, fuck man, you belong in gunners. His image is old school and after all, he played on OH MY GOD, but its not just about  his image, he's style is unfuckingbeleivable, its not just cool........................................................its gunners.

does anyone know the picture im on about.
he's the man im tellin' ya!! smoking

Navarro?!???

Fuck that guy!  Tongue

j/k

But for GnR ? Nah....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2004, 10:45:29 AM »

Navarro no way

After hearing that JA album 'strays'...man that was rotten, i have lost all respect for him.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2004, 10:51:28 AM »

Well i think we've established there are plenty of replacements out there who have nothing better to do...

I don't care who is brought in as long as Robin Finck isn't playing lead......oh its just too awful to think about

I'm sorry to have to admit this, but there are several people mentioned in this thread who I prefer Finck to ... and that says something, because me and Finck don't exactly get along musically.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2004, 11:28:21 AM »

I do hate Limp Bizkit, but keep in mind that Wes Borland ALSO hates Limp Bizkit. WB really is a talented guitar player regardless of dumb decisions he has made in the past and though he probably can't make everything look effortless like Bucket, he could probably step into the shoes of him.

I personally think they'll just keep it at 2 guitarists though. I doubt Axl wants to go on a wild goose chase for another Buckethead.

I wish people would stop talking about "Finck's goth image." He gave it up in favor of the gay milkman image - haven't you seen it? It's actually pretty cool, especially compared to the old one. And must people discredit his playing ("oh god, now we're stuck with Finck") ? Have you watched him pull off any of Slash's stuff? It's pretty sweet. I don't know if he writes awesome stuff, but I do know he can play quite nicely.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2004, 11:30:34 AM »

I don't remember who coined the gay milkman term, but I like it ... perfectly describes the look of that shiny white suit.

Death Cube K
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2004, 12:05:52 PM »

I dont think anyone will be replacing Buckethead if he's indeed gone.

Robin will do it on his own.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2004, 12:21:38 PM »

My hope: TRACII GUNS

He formed gunsroses with axl. He is in brides of destruction now along with nikki sixx from motley crue.

Motley crue has a reunion set to 05 so there is a possibillity for an unemplyed tracii to join axl (in 2005 though).

http://homepage.mac.com/spollitt/STFU.mov

It's tracii playing guitar

this is very true i read motley was gonna reunite in 05.....so what would traci do,go back to gnr Grin Wink Smiley

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: