Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 09:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl's Vision
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's Vision  (Read 9898 times)
Toast960
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: February 23, 2004, 02:01:19 PM »

I keep hearing that the original members left because Axl had a vision for Guns n' Roses and they didn't want to follow that vision. What was this vision that Axl had for Guns n' Roses?

I love this job more than I love taffy. And I'm a man who loves his taffy

-Mayor Adam West
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 03:47:57 PM »

Gilby Clarke sued Axl for his image in GNR for Modernising GNR's sound

Probably to sound more like "My World!"

Peace Out!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
SlashFan
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 01:45:22 AM »

Maybe he had a vision of sugar plumb fairies dancing in his head hihi peace

Slash is the only god and someday we will be with him forever,amen!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 01:46:15 AM by Slash Rose » Logged
jet
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 02:56:07 AM »

Maybe he had a vision of sugar plumb fairies dancing in his head hihi peace

Slash is the only god and someday we will be with him forever,amen!!

Ha-ha-ha  ok  ok
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »

His vision? Who knows...  The old gang probably just thought that anything more ambitious than your average 4/4 time rock song was too much...  They seemed to just want to rock every song--nothing wrong with that.  However, Axl wanted to try different things with music....  Maybe that was his "vision."

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 12:25:40 PM »

Thank God, I thought this was going to be a thread about whether Axl needs glasses.  Tongue
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 12:32:39 PM »

Adler was fired as was matt, duff left because he "didnt see the point" as because him and axl were the only originals left, izzy left through touring troubles, so as the "original band" i guess you mean slash then?

as for them two, they had collaberation difficulties and slash wanted an all out rock album, like he went on to do with the snakepit project, and axl wanted to take GNR "in a new direction" as then we here songs like "oh my god" and the leaks. wether he wanted that direction, or it was chemistry with the new guys, who knows, only axl could tell us ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 12:45:07 PM »

Thank God, I thought this was going to be a thread about whether Axl needs glasses.  Tongue

hihi The first thing that came to my mind was that.

I think was exactly what slashisvr said. Although I think Duff and didn't want to go to that direction either

No man can be my equal
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »

Thank God, I thought this was going to be a thread about whether Axl needs glasses.? Tongue

hihi The first thing that came to my mind was that.

I think was exactly what slashisvr said. Although I think Duff and didn't want to go to that direction either

i dont think he did either but in the original post he said the original band left because of axl's vision  ok

I keep hearing that the original members left because Axl had a vision for Guns n' Roses and they didn't want to follow that vision.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:09:34 PM »

Got it  ok

No man can be my equal
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

Its slash's version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rdfzeAooA

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 09:59:22 AM »

cool link wheres the rest of it anyone?

im listening to it now, it goes to show that IT WAS AXL'S FAULT he used the guys to get where he wanted to go, and now he using the rest of the people now IMHO, he knew what he had to do, he did it and fuck his "former friends off"

but you gotta say, a genius in axl, he saw a vision in itself in guns n roses and took it to where he wanted it.

barnstormer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »

After the use your illusion tours Slash wrote a shit load of rocking numbers, showed them to Axl and Axl said nah. He had done the rocking , done the ballads and wanted to go into a more industrial tangent. Slash said feck that, quit the band, recorded and released the songs under Slash`s Snakepit, which was a shame cos theres a good couple of songs on the first snakepit album that would have made mega guns` tracks, them songs along with axls and the rest of the boys would have made a beauty. Nevermind.

"I stepped inside your world, I kicked you in the mind and I`m the only witness to the nature of my crime"
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »

After the use your illusion tours Slash wrote a shit load of rocking numbers, showed them to Axl and Axl said nah. He had done the rocking , done the ballads and wanted to go into a more industrial tangent. Slash said feck that, quit the band, recorded and released the songs under Slash`s Snakepit, which was a shame cos theres a good couple of songs on the first snakepit album that would have made mega guns` tracks, them songs along with axls and the rest of the boys would have made a beauty. Nevermind.

Correct. I found this quote from Axl on the net:

I don't personally believe that was the interest of Guns or Slash, I don't believe the right song was the interest. I mean, what people don't know is, the Snakepit album, that is the Guns N' Roses album. I just wouldn't do it.

This is the page where i found it:

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/axl_rose.html

Where's Axl?
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »

of course because slash would have insisted that he used every single one of his ideas???errr no

they use ideas from diffrent people and from what i read about it, axl just wasnt intrested in what any of the guys had to offer.

Bono
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 07:09:25 AM »

the last line Slash says,  says alot really. "What is it you broke the real band up for?" Sounds like Slash isn't even sure himself what went wrong.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 07:21:21 AM »

what a load of shit.  'what is it your broke the real band up for?"    i believe it was slash who chose to leave on his own terms.   blaming axl like that, pathetic.  Roll Eyes   Sorry Slashole, the real band just put on a kickass performance tonight and you are in velvet revolver trying to make another mediocre album.  crying
Bono
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 07:29:31 AM »

what a load of shit.? 'what is it your broke the real band up for?"? ? i believe it was slash who chose to leave on his own terms.? ?blaming axl like that, pathetic.? Roll Eyes? ?Sorry Slashole, the real band just put on a kickass performance tonight and you are in velvet revolver trying to make another mediocre album.? crying

Shut up man! Always the same crap. Look we all know what happend to a point. None of the new guys knew what was going on and none of them wanted to sit on thier ass while Axl figured out what he wanted to do. In essence he forced them out. They wanted to be productive and play and record and do shit. Staying with Axl ment doing nothing.  "The real band just put on a kick ass performance"  Roll Eyes Gimmie a break. Man you sound like ......... Forget it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 08:13:50 AM »

Nice try to get a fight going. Take it somewhere else.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bono
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »

Nice try to get a fight going. Take it somewhere else.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Who are you refering to? Me I wasn't trying anything. I am allowed to respond to.... tread carefully here....  antagonistic BS right? I mean it's obvious who was  trying to antagonize pretty much half the fan base.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: