Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228460 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Valid Info and Some Hope
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Valid Info and Some Hope  (Read 12227 times)
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: February 19, 2004, 06:07:12 PM »

hey everyone. i wanted to start a new thread about this because all the others end up turning into fights between posters. I have been here for a while now. I post occasionally and some of you i have PM'd with and can probably verify that i am not here to start shit with BS. I have info that is not 100% (because nothing ever can be) but i know to be as true as we can get. i will tell you how i got this info before i give it.

I post on another message board pretty much daily. It is a site for girls to talk about fashion and music and celebrity shit and such. It would bore most of you to tears, but the ladies on the site have known each other for a long time and have become friends, outside of the board. I starting speaking with this one girl, i think she is probably in her 30's, just about random bullshit. She liked my cynical style postings and knew that i had a crush on Axl (from a post i made in the music section a while back). Anyway, her ex boyfriend who she is still friends with used to work with Axl back during the Illusion days. She has actually met Axl a few years ago. Said he is very cool and very intense. I asked her about CD and she didn't seem to know anything, much like the rest of us. But, today i wrote her about a funny Axl dream i had last night and about the GHs and Axl trying to stop it. She then wrote back that he is trying to stop it because CD and Velvet Revolver are both supposed to come out around the same time. This was the exchange i then had with her. Note my screenname here is as it is there and everywhere else i post:
badgirl wrote:
hmm... but that is only a few months away-- wouldn't they have to have it done by now? is it done?
do you know if Axl purposely planned CD to go against velvet revolver?

she writes:
Its complete - but you can always keep "remaking" an album - more overdubs, remixing, etc. That is what Axl's thing is - its never good enough. And he never planned it to go against velevet revolver - it was a label vs label thing...commercial viability and sales issue - it really makes it better for both products if it comes out tobether - the shared hype only accentuates both releases - you get two bangs for the (promotional) buck

So basically it is this. CD is done, as of now, and it's planned to be released around the same time as VR. If this actually happens or not, we'll have to see. Clearly we know that nothing is 100% with Axl, but if it is done, it will come out eventually.

I have no reason to make this up. It's not groundbreaking info i know, but some of you doubt every piece of info you get and i wanted to give you a little hope because i am hopeful now where before i definitely wasn't. But i am legit, and this girl is as well. It's not like it's another GnR forum where people make shit up. We talk about lots of things over there and it happened to come up in private conversation...
hope it makes some of you feel better.
 Smiley

« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 06:07:55 PM by badgirl » Logged
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 06:11:43 PM »

Well, it sounds ok - guess the only way to find out is to wait. ok

Riot In Everyone!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 06:14:42 PM »

Well, holy shit, a believable rumour which makes perfect sense and isn't rediculously far fetched.

The labels wanting to release the two albums around the same time would certainly create more publicity.

Thanks for the info badgirl  ok

@#$%Muther

P.S. Are you really a badgirl?  Wink
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 06:14:53 PM »

Cool post badgirl. I can see the two labels trying to create some hype that way. According to Keith Richards, the Beatles and Stones used to arrange their album releases in a way that benefited them both. Thank you for sharing.

I've seen enough.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 06:20:12 PM »

Phew... i was afraid you guys were going to call bullshit. Good!!! Believe me, this is true. I've been around here over a year now and never posted anything other than oppinion, and am excited to finally have gotten pretty legit info. We'll have to see if everything goes as planned, but if he wants it out there and its completed, then we will see this album eventually.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 06:25:03 PM »

I think "putting the finishing touches" on it means stuff like you mentioned...

But, if they want to get it out in May, I think they need to announce it really soon. To get the PR machine rolling..... VR has been hyping their album since last year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buritoking
I Voted for a Third Party Candidate
Rocker

- It's Good To Be The King -

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 06:27:54 PM »

I still have a feeling your going to be hearing some nasty things from some people. But I'm not sure why people would, what you've said sounds completely like everything else we have heard. And to be honest I'm not sure why everyone thinks this GH thing will change everything, I personally don't think it. Anyway I think a release around VR's date, may be to early, but who knows. But I still think we will see it before the summer really gets into full swing.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 06:28:30 PM »

badgirl, you are one of my favorite posters here. Knowing your other posts, for me personally your info is probably the most credible we've gotten here in quite awhile.  ok

I've seen enough.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 06:29:23 PM »

^^^ i agree. i don't understand why they haven't said anything yet. I wish i knew the particulars of how the music industry works-- if Axl gets tied up in litigation over stopping GHs, do you think CD would be shelved again? how much of a say does Axl have over this anyway? what my friend said seems to imply very little control. does anyone know for sure?

ETA: Johnny, that's so sweet. I haven't been posting in a while because it just seems like more people want to fight here than intelligently discuss the band, the album, whatever. plus i spend most of my online time at this other board discussing pop-culture dreck and fashion and other girly persuits.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 06:31:41 PM by badgirl » Logged
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 06:30:46 PM »

welll, we've all waited  so long for chinese democracy, another year won't kill us for sure. and as for the rumour, it has every reason to be true. peace

Chinese Democracy!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 06:33:52 PM »

If it's a label vs label thing, that they want CD and Contraband out at the same time, why is the label releasing the greatest hits?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 06:41:36 PM »

Nothing different from what i said in other threads and people ripped me apart until i showed proof. But yea i havent heard anything in the last few days.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 06:57:02 PM »

BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!!! rant

Just kidding, did I start to get your blood boiling? hihi Thanks for the post. People really only get ripped when they try to act like an insider and don't post how they got their information, unlike what you did. peace

Your post does make sense, and it even makes sense in an Axl kind of way.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 06:57:32 PM »

GREAT.. I hope it's true !!
Like I always say this days, got to be !!!! I can't see Axl showing up his face in Lisbon with nothing in his hands !

//JK
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 07:02:53 PM »

DVDs and GH = casual fans being made aware of Guns N Roses again to achieve better sales of CD.

If a GH is contracted, this is the last chance to do it before a new era comes in.

Guns N Rose PR does not need anywhere near as much work as a brand new band like VR. GNR speaks for itself. A month or preferably two is what's needed.

@#$%Muther
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 07:03:32 PM by Mutherfunker » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 07:21:34 PM »

If it's a label vs label thing, that they want CD and Contraband out at the same time, why is the label releasing the greatest hits?

That's why this rumor  makes no sense. If the label wants CD to be released in a few months why are they going to potentially damage the product with a shoddy Greatest Hits that Axl does not want? Especially when a lawsuit would further delay CD.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 07:24:48 PM »

That's why this rumor  makes no sense. If the label wants CD to be released in a few months why are they going to potentially damage the product with a shoddy Greatest Hits that Axl does not want? Especially when a lawsuit would further delay CD.

did axl showed up in public and said he was against the GH?

for me , its just a move to create hype
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 07:25:04 PM »

ETA: Johnny, that's so sweet. I haven't been posting in a while because it just seems like more people want to fight here than intelligently discuss the band, the album, whatever. plus i spend most of my online time at this other board discussing pop-culture dreck and fashion and other girly persuits.

Yea chick talk. In a GNR forum. Lol. We get great news on GNR from an Oprah board. That is sooooo sweet.

Come on now one of us had to be the dick.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

Exactly - 2 GNR albums in two months? Doesn't seem likely to me....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004, 07:35:12 PM »

for me , its just a move to create hype

Correctamundo  smoking

There is no way that GH is gonna damage CD - I don't see the logic of that, unless Axl starts legal action, which he hasn't said he will, and which doesn't seem likely with the geffen press release out.

@#$%Muther
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: