Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:35:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you think religion will eventually become extinct?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think religion will eventually become extinct?  (Read 20152 times)
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2005, 03:45:34 AM »

i am actually supprised that this hasnt got any real aurguing in it. most religion threads get locked

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2005, 10:11:48 AM »

Jesus was never crucified, he was married, he had kids and has descendants today.

Shocked You really think that way?? What's your source to all that stuff? Not crucified?? theres a lot of book, let not take the bible in example, but historics books that makes this a true history, he did got crucified and died.

There are many scriptures which were banned and taken out from the Bible because they were to exteme, for example: Mary Magdalene was a prostitute and was the head apostle, Jesus killed another boy when he was a child. Some belive that during the missing years of his life Jesus went to India and studied Buddism, Buddist scriptures speak of a man of pale complextion (compared to Indians) who claimed to be the son of God and born of a virgin

smoking Izzy  smoking
Well maybe you are right, but lets read books of that century if someone was punished to cruxified, he had to died, just for torture, people that time were very ruthless so I do beleive in a lot of books that said he got cruxified and died, If he kill a man being a child I really dont give a damn he can even been Don Cornelone of Israel, what I keep is always the good teaching not the bad ones  ok
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 12:29:39 PM by Mr. Dick Purple » Logged

No man can be my equal
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2005, 11:50:33 AM »

Organised religions of the world the way we know them will die..
They will die cause the people whe are in power? have lost the meaning and use the religion
for personal? benefit. (Control People, Feel Superior, Fame, Money & ....)

I have been brought as an orthodox christian and although i have rejected the "religion aspect" i still believe...
For me the words of Jesus are a Socio/Economic/Politic system.
He clearly distinguished Right from Wrong and set the laws for the optimum society.
He Himself was an enemy of the Organised religion at that time...He was against the priests, and politicians = Hypocrites & manipulators)

Now The People who like to be in Power used his words to form the declined christian religion
we have today. The same is also for all religions.

I believe that "religion" Coexists with Science...God/Creator is the biggest Scientist..He created all the laws
The way i see the future is that Science and religion will be the same and people will respect "God laws" more than ever...

Logic and respect will replace fear...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:56:09 AM by GNROSAS » Logged
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2005, 12:26:55 PM »

i am actually supprised that this hasnt got any real aurguing in it. most religion threads get locked

I hope you understand the reason for it....... a year ago arguements on this board were so civil, they actually were worth cominginto and pulling apart ideas in a constructive manner that actaully asssited everyone....... you alwasy had your camps..... but there was little vemmin.... till some newer memebrs rerred their ugly little heads...... then it has fallen to the level of today. perhaps with some of teh "idiots" departing as of late, and some noobs that are actualy have smart the jungle debates will gather back to thier previous luster.

yes im a dreamer

but it was one of the reasons for bringing back some of these old threads....... to really show how great this section was and why so many frequent it. the cailaber of posters was far higher then what it is today.... IMo that is.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
MikeB
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2005, 06:33:47 PM »

Didn't Mahatma Ghandi say someting like "It dosen't matter what book you read or what name you pray to , there is only one God that created the world and everything else so don't get into arguements with people for their different beliefs," maybe something like that but shorter. Anyway the reason you people wonder if christianity is going to become extinct is because you wish for that. Don't let those haunting memories of your parents shoving the bible down your throat control the rest of  your life. If people want to be christians, let them be and same goes for the other religions people practice. Religion probably seemed to people it was going to be extinct thousands of years ago like you people are discussing but you have to live with it. Non-catholics are having their last laughs because of priests molesting children after how much they said they followed the rules but it doesn't disprove religion, it proves that no one is higher than each other. Just look at the big picture, not every preacher in the world is going to do your kid up the butt. I know what you people mean, bible-bangers and throat shovers are assholes. But in my beliefs , God looks at it in a different way than religion describes after-life. 

Say if there was a child drowning in a pool, a christian was sitting on the other side and an athiest sitting on the other side but the athiest saves the poor kid's life. Now that doesn't prove religion is going to be extinct, it proves religion doesn't make people higher than others.  All the good choices I have made in my life always came straight from my heart, maybe these two-faced people don't know how to use it. Undecided
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2005, 06:44:54 PM »

There is a saying i love from ghandi :

Faith is like Himalaya mountains, which you cannot possibly change

To me, it is very true.

But i will always fight to say faith and religion are not the same things.

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2005, 09:23:46 PM »

But i will always fight to say faith and religion are not the same things.

Agree with you Faith and religion aren't the same, and all the things that you want to believe is ok cause you have made a choice to believe in it. The bad things about christianity is that is sorrounded and corrupted by the same people that kileed Jesuscrhrist, dreadfully thats gonna be its fall.  peace

No man can be my equal
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2005, 11:25:06 AM »

relgion will falter and fade away... but humankinds faith will always be there.....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: